Woody, JD, Saleh, Jets: For once, PLEASE do the right thing…

8 hours ago, oatmeal said:

This is our panthers fans David Tepper moment 

IMG_0219.thumb.png.8a3c978d412d3d928f960811314fc714.png

https://www.change.org/p/demand-the-removal-of-david-tepper-as-owner-of-the-carolina-panthers

I’m already feeling outraged he even took this photo 👀

But damn

Woody being on that list would absolutely melt this place down 🤣😭

Woody and Tepper two peas in a pod

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Trade the pick.  Bears will trade out of #1 to whoever pays the price. Regardless, top 7 picks will be Caleb, Maye, Daniels, MHJ, Nabers, Alt, Fashanau. We will be left at the alter holding our you know what.  Trade the pick, get a 2nd rounder and take T Morgan out of Arizona.  With the 2nd rounder,  grab the best player that fills a need - DT Sweat from Texas monster man 345 lbs.  We need a big papi in the middle. Teams were running at will against us after Woods went down. 

I mean, thats fine. But trading picks is always tricky. You need a team willing to trade. Personally, I think IF the Bears will not take a QB #1 overall they will take MHJ and will not trade the pick. But thats just me. I don't think they will have any takers. Maybe the Giants? 

For the Jets, someone really good has to be there at 8 and a team has to really want him AND feel like someone else will take him just ahead of them. The only guy I can think of Bowers. Maybe one of Latu or Turner if they are there. Falcons need help at Edge and would certainly love to take one of those, so a team may want to hop them if they are interested. 

Cincy comes to mind. They really need to go all out. They need that extra weapon at offensive weapon (if they lose Tee), they could use Bowers or Odunze. If they lose Jonah Williams they could def use a plug and play RT like JC Latham, who should be there at 8. Do we see Higgins as part of a tag and trade up scenario so the Bengals can take JC Latham or Bowers?? Who knows. But to go from 16 to 8 will take a lot, even though the Bengals have their 2024 2nd rounder. Seems unlikely. 

We can disagree about the prospects, the trade is the question here. But I like Morgan a lot. And he is a true LT. But his injury history does concern me. We always talk about staying away from players with a history of injury, then we start talking up guys with just that - a terrible injury on their resume. At 16, although he is a RT, if a guy like Fuaga is there, I think you have to take him instead. And as much as I love Sweat (game wrecker in the right system?). We need help on offense way, way way, way, way way, more than defense. We always talk about how we need to stop drafting defense early and address the offense. Well now we recoup a 2nd rounder and immediately use it on an interior D-lineman? No. I am taking a WR or doubling up on O-line with the top G. 

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

I mean, thats fine. But trading picks is always tricky. You need a team willing to trade. Personally, I think IF the Bears will not take a QB #1 overall they will take MHJ and will not trade the pick. But thats just me. I don't think they will have any takers. Maybe the Giants? 

For the Jets, someone really good has to be there at 8 and a team has to really want him AND feel like someone else will take him just ahead of them. The only guy I can think of Bowers. Maybe one of Latu or Turner if they are there. Falcons need help at Edge and would certainly love to take one of those, so a team may want to hop them if they are interested. 

Cincy comes to mind. They really need to go all out. They need that extra weapon at offensive weapon (if they lose Tee), they could use Bowers or Odunze. If they lose Jonah Williams they could def use a plug and play RT like JC Latham, who should be there at 8. Do we see Higgins as part of a tag and trade up scenario so the Bengals can take JC Latham or Bowers?? Who knows. But to go from 16 to 8 will take a lot, even though the Bengals have their 2024 2nd rounder. Seems unlikely. 

We can disagree about the prospects, the trade is the question here. But I like Morgan a lot. And he is a true LT. But his injury history does concern me. We always talk about staying away from players with a history of injury, then we start talking up guys with just that - a terrible injury on their resume. At 16, although he is a RT, if a guy like Fuaga is there, I think you have to take him instead. And as much as I love Sweat (game wrecker in the right system?). We need help on offense way, way way, way, way way, more than defense. We always talk about how we need to stop drafting defense early and address the offense. Well now we recoup a 2nd rounder and immediately use it on an interior D-lineman? No. I am taking a WR or doubling up on O-line with the top G. 

Yes trades are not the easiest to pull off in the draft. But I'd be really inclined to do so if we lose out on Alt or Fashanua.  No way we can trade up. We don't have the ammo. Drafting a LT and a guard to start would be difficult. Tippman is also learning the ropes but is less concerning. And there wont be teh elite WR you want in round 2. All the really good ones will be gone.I like the idea of Fugua. he's a beast. Also, Mims looks like Becton Jr. 330 6'7. Dude is huge but seems to be more athletic and not the blob Becton is. He's a mid to late 1st rounder. Getting that extra 2nd and JD might even be able to get back in round.  HE's wheeled and dealed before so ya neer know what he has up his sleeve. But obviously they will need to takea tackle ASAP in round 1.

• Upvote 1