Quinnen Williams, Sauce Gardner Earn Back-to-Back Pro Bowl Nods

Jets Nation

While the Jets have had a terrible 2023 season as a team, a pair of their young superstars made the pro-bowl for the second season in a row in defensive lineman Quinnen Williams and cornerback Sauce Gardner.

BACK-TO-BACK FOR BOTH @iamSauceGardner & @QuinnenWilliams ‼

Sauce and Q have been named #ProBowlGames starters! ➜ https://t.co/rTKQkN30r7 pic.twitter.com/ZHTGwegdsJ

— New York Jets (@nyjets) January 4, 2024

The pair of elite defenders got the nod while Williams’ brother Quincy was one of the biggest snubs in the league.

Gardner has been so good in coverage of late that teams have essentially stopped throwing the football in his direction.  Over the second half of the season, Gardner has allowed just eight receptions.

https://x.com/JNRadio_Glenn/status/1742792517030912213?s=20

Meanwhile, Williams has been a handful for opposing offenses all year.  And while his sack production is down, that has as much to do with increased opportunities for Jermaine Johnson and Bryce Huff than anything Williams has (or hasn’t) done.

The post Quinnen Williams, Sauce Gardner Earn Back-to-Back Pro Bowl Nods appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Didn't you hear? He has a nifty nickname so people think he's good even though he actually stinks

Have you tried his wing sauce at Buffalo Wild Wings yet? Really good

• Haha 2

Not fer nuthin' but I remember back during this Rex years when Revis would cut off half the defensive backfield and no one could catch a pass. I actually started to think that the offense started to suffer having to try and practice against a shutdown DB. The Jets receivers even Favre and then Sanchez struggled to have any consistency going against a guy who was among the best in the game every day. I saw it in those pre-seasons and I also saw it in these two. I think that these last 2 seasons the Jets D-backs were even better than 2008-2009 teams