2024 Yankees season thread

On 9/6/2024 at 1:59 PM, shawn306 said:

Cashman meeting with beat writers today says Verdugo gives them the best chance to win and that Dominguez will not be called up unless an avenue for him to play everyday opens up. 

WTF !?!

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/yankees-gm-brian-cashman-says-alex-verdugo-not-jasson-dominguez-gives-team-the-best-chance-to-win-right-now/

But but his defense!

20 hours ago, bicketybam said:

I pray to God you are right. Boone is absolutely awful, but he's Cashman's puppet. That's why he still has a job.

Someone is going to take the hit if they don’t at least get to the World Series with both Soto and Judge and a weak AL

I’m worried about Cole because he is definitely in the playoff rotation and he is looking like a Javy Vazquez clone right now.  

7 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Someone is going to take the hit if they don’t at least get to the World Series with both Soto and Judge and a weak AL

I’m worried about Cole because he is definitely in the playoff rotation and he is looking like a Javy Vazquez clone right now.  

He's a bit off right now, but he won the Cy Young last year.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, chirorob said:

He's a bit off right now, but he won the Cy Young last year.

We don’t really have anyone better to fill out even a 3 man playoff rotation.  Basically we have to go Cole, Rodon and Gil with Nestor being a setup man in the pen for Weaver.  If Cole continues to self destruct we won’t win a playoff series