2024 MLB betting thread

ok - ready for a new night.

Took a nice bath last night - squeaky clean now and ready to go

The astros can't possibly be that bad after the Royals embarrassing them. Might have to go back one more time at +150 laying 1.5

Royals have to be feeling good about themselves and now come to the Mets who are giddy themselves.

Mets turned the corner and ready to pounce? I can't go there yet so I might just have to watch this one. Maybe throw a few bucks on an anytime hr for someone 

Wild swings and unexpected turns are the name of the game. I've learned quickly that patience and restraint are key, even when the temptation to go all-in on a risky RL bet is strong. And yeah, sometimes sticking with the favorites on the ML feels like the safer bet, especially when the numbers just don't add up for the RL. I've been trying to dive into the math behind it all, but honestly, it's still a bit overwhelming. But hey, that's part of the fun, right? Anyway, thanks for sharing your insights. Definitely gonna keep an eye out for Situs Game Online Gacor Terbaru and see if they've got any tips to offer. Oh, and did someone mention Slot77 Online? Gonna have to check that out too.

• Upvote 1

Have you guys been taking advantage of DK's "early win"?  They do it every day in April.  It has to be a ML play.  If your team goes up by 2 at any point in the game, you get an 'early win'.  They've also upped the limits for these.  My limit was doubled.

Yesterday, for example, I used the early win and bet the Pirates ML at +105 odds.    0-0 score through 5.  Top of the 6th, Pirates finally get to Houser (trash) and put up 3 runs.  Early win completed and I have $105 new dollars in the bankroll.  Doesn't matter that the Mets also scored 3 in the bottom of the 6th or that our beloved Mets went on to win the game.  I still take it home.   

Today I was debating either Texas or San Diego.  I prefer the away teams in these for obvious reasons (see above).  

I chose Texas.  -118..  

In addition to the Rangers ML "early Win" option, I like a few others today:

Giants ML -130
Cle/BOs over 8.5
Rays/Angels F5 over 4 
Padres ML -125
Orioles ML -160
Braves ML -120
Seattle ML -130

yup... all favorites, and you know how much I prefer taking dogs,  but that's how it looks to me today.  Avoiding the ML parlays because I won a 3-team parlay yesterday and don't want to do them too often.  Fastest way to drain your bankroll. 

18 hours ago, Dcat said:

p.s.  now that the NBA reg season is done... I am much more interested in NBA betting.  I like it better when the players actually try to play for a full game.  

Caught both nba games last night.

not do lucky with baseball as I thought the Astro’s would handle the braves and yes for some reason other than aliens take over my brain I bet hockey again.

how could the bruins lose and not cover the puck line?

tonight’s 6ers/heat matchup should be a very good game.

embid is so tough but the heat you just never know

2 hours ago, Trotter said:

Caught both nba games last night.

not do lucky with baseball as I thought the Astro’s would handle the braves and yes for some reason other than aliens take over my brain I bet hockey again.

how could the bruins lose and not cover the puck line?

tonight’s 6ers/heat matchup should be a very good game.

embid is so tough but the heat you just never know

I had 5 wins, 2 losses and a push yesterday from my list a couple of post up. Lost on the early win which was doubel the size bet so more like 5-3.  Still a winning day by 2 units.

Haven't looked at today's card way too busy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

I had 5 wins, 2 losses and a push yesterday from my list a couple of post up. Lost on the early win which was doubel the size bet so more like 5-3.  Still a winning day by 2 units.

Haven't looked at today's card way too busy.

taking a shot giants minus the 1.5 in the early game. Small parlay giants & orioles both moneyline as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2024 at 4:50 PM, Trotter said:

Why are the kings underdogs against the pelicans?

what am I missing?

it is prob a trap and I fell right in

getting a point at -110 is simply too good to pass up

throw in a kings/bulls ml oarlay

why were the Knicks underdogs on this series with Philly?  

Cubs today. -110

Using the Early Win option on DK (If team goes up by 2 at anytime, you win)

With Houser on the mound at Citifield, the Cubs could be up by 2 before the Mets get an out.

This DK up by 2 early win is great. Hit 4 days in a row. Tough call between Red Sox and Orioles for it today. Chose Orioles. Might get rained out now.

Orioles went up 3-0 late in the game so I got my Early Win on DK.    Glad I didn't select Red Sox like so many others.  For today's DraftKings Early Win promo I'm going Texas Rangers.  Away team facing a shaky starter who is known to give up long ball and runs (Wacha).  -115 

Hopefully I can keep the streak going.   

Wacha, Wacha, Wacha....   pitch like it's batting practice please.

what-where.gif

Got a nice streak going on the DK Early Win (instant win if your team goes up by 2 at any time).  Hopefully I can keep it going today.  

I'm taking the Seattle Mariners ML +114.   Away team facing a shaky starter in Hunter Brown.  Just like yesterday's early win by Rangers over Wacha:

Baseball GIF - Baseball GIFs

although Brown is better than Wacha. 

For MLB, I also like:
Cleveland -130
Giants -115
Giants F5  -115
Braves -135  

NHL:
.5u on NY Rangers ML
.75u on VGK/Dal o5.5

NBA:
.5u on Cavs -3
.5u Cavs -3.5

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Got a nice streak going on the DK Early Win (instant win if your team goes up by 2 at any time).  Hopefully I can keep it going today.  

I'm taking the Seattle Mariners ML +114.   Away team facing a shaky starter in Hunter Brown.  Just like yesterday's early win by Rangers over Wacha:

although Brown is better than Wacha. 

For MLB, I also like:
Cleveland -130
Giants -115
Giants F5  -115
Braves -135  

NHL:
.5u on NY Rangers ML
.75u on VGK/Dal o5.5

NBA:
.5u on Cavs -3
.5u Cavs -3.5

I like the braves today and dare I say the Mets -1.5

i know I will regret it but severino has been good and I think the Mets put up some runs today

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

Seattle takes a 2-0 lead in the top of the 2nd.  Ca-ching.   The rest of the game is now irrelevant and I cash in even if the Astros win 14-2.  

Instant $114 added to the bankroll.  I fking LOVE the Early Win promo on DK. Best promo ever (with a $100 limit to boot.)

I just hit the 6th in a row.  Hop on for the ride.  They will end it at some point.

Tough choices for todays DK Early Win promo.  What team out there is better to destroy my Early Win streak but my NY Mets? 

Was considering Marlins @ LA with +250 odds.  Seriously. 

But....  It will be the NY Mets at +100 @St. Louis

Lindor is alive it seems.  Maybe he can give one of his ghoul vials to Alonso and get him breathing too.

Other bets I like today:

Texas Rangers -135
Cle Guardians -120

Taco bite bets:

Pirates -1.5   +135
Marlins ML +250 or
Marlins +1.5 +130 (or both)
Rangers -1.5 +135

Staying away from NY Knicks -5.5.  They either blow out the Pacers by a  very wide margin or it ends up razor close.  I'm afraid that Reggie Miller will be in the building.  

So the "early win"  streak is alive as the Mets won (both via the "early win -up by 2 and outright win.)   Happy to get the +100 odds on that one.  Had I picked the Marlins at +250, who went up 2-0 in the top of the 1st vs the Dodgers,  that $100 bet would have brought back $350.  

The other two bets, Cleveland and Texas also hit.   My Pirates and Rangers small RL bets also hit.  Great MLB day.  

If you're not doing the "early Win", then you are missing out.  Seriously. It gives you two ways to win but at the same odds as an ordinary ML bet.  Literally turns the odds to significantly better than the DK book.  Not sure how much longer DK will keep this up.  They were supposed to end it in April, but it's still being offered.   

For Tuesday, there are 5 "early win" options I considered (away team facing a hittable home starter).  Too bad you can only do 1:

D'Backs -130 vs Reds (Gallen vs Montas)
Gallen can hold the fort and Montas can give up early runs.  Not a bad choice.  

Angels +110 vs Pirates  (Sandoval vs Priester)
Reject!  The Angels can't score. Only 4 runs in the last 5 games.  No Trout?  Angels are out.

Orioles -205 vs Nats.  (Burnes vs C Williams)
not enough value here due to the -205.  Pass.

Astros -102 vs NYY (Verlander vs Gil)
Looks ok on paper, but I have zero faith in Hou and Verlander.  Pass.

NYM +100 vs Cardinals (Butto vs Mikolas)
Hell yeah.  I'll take the Mets back-to-back now that Lindor has been reborn.  

Pete Alonso Mets GIF - Pete Alonso Mets Lets Go Mets - Discover -  richy.com.vn

My buddy argues that the Early Win should be placed on D'Backs due to much greater differential in starting pitching.  He has a point.  But I like the Mets bats more than the D backs. 

So for today, as of the moment:

Mets ML w/ "early win" promo vs Cards +105  (max 100)
D-backs ML vs Reds -130
Guardians ML vs Tigers -125
Guardians/Tigers o8.5 -115

20 hours ago, Dcat said:

My buddy argues that the Early Win should be placed on D'Backs due to much greater differential in starting pitching.  He has a point.  But I like the Mets bats more than the D backs. 

So for today, as of the moment:

Mets ML w/ "early win" promo vs Cards +105  (max 100)
D-backs ML vs Reds -130
Guardians ML vs Tigers -125
Guardians/Tigers o8.5 -115

I'd be interested in follow-up posts with the W/L record (if that's something you'd want to do).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'd be interested in follow-up posts with the W/L record (if that's something you'd want to do).

Here are the ones I posted in the thread over the last week (which is almost all my bets).  All "Early Win (up by 2)" bets are $100, the max DK allows.  With 2 different ways to win, the odds turn in the bettor's favor for once.  The others are smaller bets usually in the $40-$75 range or less.

Back to MLB.  I'm playing a 2-team parlay  Philly/Minny both to win. +172 on Caesars.  Apr 30 - WIN

Cubs today. -110  Using the Early Win option on DK (If team goes up by 2 at anytime, you win). With Houser on the mound at Citifield, the Cubs could be up by 2 before the Mets get an out.  May 2 - WIN (no posts on May 1, but I won the Early Win that day too)

his DK up by 2 early win is great. Hit 4 days in a row. Tough call between Red Sox and Orioles for it today. Chose Orioles. Might get rained out now.  May 3 - WIN (after long rain delay)

For today's DraftKings Early Win promo I'm going Texas Rangers.  Away team facing a shaky starter who is known to give up long ball and runs (Wacha).  -115   Hopefully I can keep the streak going.   Wacha, Wacha, Wacha....   pitch like it's batting practice please.  May 4 - WIN

Got a nice streak going on the DK Early Win (instant win if your team goes up by 2 at any time).  Hopefully I can keep it going today.  I'm taking the Seattle Mariners ML +114.   Away team facing a shaky starter in Hunter Brown.  Just like yesterday's early win by Rangers over Wacha. May 5 - WIN

For MLB, I also like: 
Cleveland -130 WIN
Giants -115 LOSE
Giants F5  -115 LOSE
Braves -135  LOSE

NHL:
.5u on NY Rangers ML WIN
.75u on VGK/Dal o5.5 LOSE

NBA:
.5u on Cavs -3 WIN
.5u Cavs -3.5 WIN

Tough choices for todays DK Early Win promo.  What team out there is better to destroy my Early Win streak but my NY Mets? Was considering Marlins @ LA with +250 odds.  Seriously.  But....  It will be the NY Mets at +100 @St. Louis.  May 6 - WIN

Other bets I like today:

Texas Rangers -135 WIN
Cle Guardians -120 WIN

Taco bite bets:

Pirates -1.5   +135 WIN
Marlins ML +250 or 
Marlins +1.5 +130 LOSE
Rangers -1.5 +135 WIN

Staying away from NY Knicks -5.5.  They either blow out the Pacers by a  very wide margin or it ends up razor close.  I'm afraid that Reggie Miller will be in the building.    (so glad I did not make the bet)

NYM +100 vs Cardinals (Butto vs Mikolas)
Hell yeah.  I'll take the Mets back-to-back (Early Win) now that Lindor has been reborn.  

Pete Alonso Mets GIF - Pete Alonso Mets Lets Go Mets - Discover -  richy.com.vn

May 7: 
Mets ML w/ "early win" promo vs Cards +105^  (max 100)  WIN

D-backs ML vs Reds -130  WIN
Guardians ML vs Tigers -125 LOSE
Guardians/Tigers o8.5 -115 WIN

• Upvote 1

Today's card isn't very good for the Early Win promo. Looking for an away team with a solid starter vs a home team with a crappy starter. San Fran fits that bill but they have been so untrustworthy lately.  No.  

maybe Seattle @ Minnesota?  Kirby on the mound for Mariners.  Paddack on the mound for Twins.  odds are -115, so nothing all that special here.  Could this be a rare day where I take a home team for this promo?    Going to check a couple of Discord groups for this one.

"Salami Bets" anyone?  It's becoming the rage.  

A "salami" bet is the total runs for the entire MLB slate for the day.  Bet has to be placed before opening pitch of the day, usually an afternoon game.  If any games are later rained out (with no team winning), then the whole thing is a push. (rain out after 5 innings resulting in an official win will count)

I put $20 on yesterdays' over 134.5 @ -105 just to follow a friend and it hit.    Super silly bet but I'll ride that wave.

I'm putting the streak on the line in literally the riskiest way on today's board.

Miami ML +205 over Dodgers.  Early Win promo.  
YARN | We'll see. | Green Book | Video gifs by quotes | bf283f2c | 紗

others:
Astros/Yankees o9.5 -102
Guardians ML vs Tigers -125
Royals ML vs Brewers -120

Taco bites:

Cubs F5 +114

On 5/8/2024 at 1:01 PM, Dcat said:

I'm putting the streak on the line in literally the riskiest way on today's board.

Miami ML +205 over Dodgers.  Early Win promo.  LOSE.   

others:
Astros/Yankees o9.5 -102 WIN
Guardians ML vs Tigers -125 WIN
Royals ML vs Brewers -120 WIN

Taco bites:
Cubs F5 +114 LOSE

And the 'Early Win' streak comes to an end. Game was tied until the 6th. 

Still have the Hou/NYY game total tonight (edit: WIN).  Maybe look at card and see if anything else looks good.

Busy morning. Missed the early games. 

NBA: Geez I just gotta say that I don't blame Carlisle one bit for telling the refs to go F-- themselves last night.  Pacers are getting hosed by these refs... it is as plain as day and I'm a huge Knicks fan.  I fully expect Carlisle to send the tapes to the NBA and for there to be some old-fashioned make-up sex between the refs and the Pacers on Friday night.  Nevertheless I already have a half unit bet on the NYK +6.5 for Friday at -110.  Grabbed the 6.5 right away. I should have waited.  It is up to 7.5 on DK now. Grab the points unless you think it will go up even further. I think we will see a close game.

Time to start a new DK Early Win streak.  Probably would have gone with the Diamndbacks but I'm late to the gate today.  Instead, I'll take the Guardians, who are a -148 favorite.  After yesterday's longshot loss on this, I'm good with the favorite here.  Really good pitching matchup for this too. 

(Early-win promo) Guardians -148 vs White Sox
Guardians F5 ML -135
Royals/Angels o8.5 -102
Royals/Angels F5 o4.5 +100
Angels F5 ML -110

17 hours ago, Dcat said:

(Early-win promo) Guardians -148 vs White Sox  (L)
Guardians F5 ML -135 (L)
Royals/Angels o8.5 -102 (W)
Royals/Angels F5 o4.5 +100 (W)
Angels F5 ML -110 (L)

1st MLB losing day in some time.  Down .85u  
I hope today is better.  

Friday MLB

DK Early Win promo:
Oakland A's +130 vs Mariners.   Woo's 1st game back off injured list.  I'll go with the longshot today. Fingers crossed that Woo falters early.

Will add more in a bit.

A's Early win vs Mariners +130
Astros ML vs Tigers -145
Astros -1.5 vs Tigers +115

adding:
Royals ML vs Angels -120
A's F5 ML vs Mariners +130
A's F5 +0.5 vs Mariners -115

and of course:
NYK +6.5
NYK +7.5

NYR to win Stanley Cup +350

Sounds like you are having a nice run

been away a bit but on a heater this week.

i am 11 for 14 since Tuesday with the 3 losses being stupid small bets 

for some reason the betting Gods are looking down on me and all the large ones are hitting

lime you say ride it out

major misstep was last night

wanted to let the entire account balance ride in nuggets ml, instead only did 300.

getting scared in my old age

good luck today

i love the mavs at home but not sure I am going to bet it depending on the odds

14 hours ago, Dcat said:

A's Early win vs Mariners +130 Lose
Astros ML vs Tigers -145  Win
Astros -1.5 vs Tigers +115 Win

adding:
Royals ML vs Angels -120 Win
A's F5 ML vs Mariners +130 Lose
A's F5 +0.5 vs Mariners -115 Lose

and of course:
NYK +6.5 Win
NYK +7.5 Win

NYR to win Stanley Cup +350 

3rd "early -win" loss in a row.  After 10 wins in a row.  Knicks saved my butt. Up by 1+ unit.