Random Thoughts of a Wit

1. Would Minny Swap picks with the Jets and give us another third rounder so they could have a better shot of trading up for a QB?

2. Would the Jets or Minny trade the 10th for their first next year and a second this year? Its a gamble as the draft may not be quite as strong and Minny can still win some games and have a worst pick, but gaining a second rounder may be worth it for the Jets. If Minny did this I could see the Pats giving them number three.

3. Why do we seem to have less draft capital in a super deep draft for WR and OL?

4. Is Drake Maye the Zach Wilson of this draft? He can sling it deep but misses the easy throws. The stuff that is teachable?

5. Who will be the surprise pick in the top ten? The one that lets a bust drop down for the Jets to take? Who is this potential bust that we will take?\

Thats all for now lady at the bus stop. 

2 hours ago, Wit said:

1. Would Minny Swap picks with the Jets and give us another third rounder so they could have a better shot of trading up for a QB?

2. Would the Jets or Minny trade the 10th for their first next year and a second this year? Its a gamble as the draft may not be quite as strong and Minny can still win some games and have a worst pick, but gaining a second rounder may be worth it for the Jets. If Minny did this I could see the Pats giving them number three.

3. Why do we seem to have less draft capital in a super deep draft for WR and OL?

4. Is Drake Maye the Zach Wilson of this draft? He can sling it deep but misses the easy throws. The stuff that is teachable?

5. Who will be the surprise pick in the top ten? The one that lets a bust drop down for the Jets to take? Who is this potential bust that we will take?\

1. Doubtful, no real value moving up 1 pick UNLESS they don't move ahead of 10 and are afraid of the Jets trading back with the broncos/raiders/etc 

2. Nah? I feel like there's no real benefit there for the team moving back, none of those 3 teams are selling on this year that hard.

3. The AR8 trade? It's disappointing, I thought we over paid for a 40yo whose team didn't want him anymore, but the Jets did talk themselves into a hole by creating the expectation... I do believe JD has done an adequate job of filling roster holes despite this. We can draft for the future here, no reason a 1st and 3rd can't yield 2 starters at OT and WR in this draft 

4. I wouldn't call him a Zach Wilson. He is more comparable to a Will Levis to me. I suspect he'll bust (as many QBs do) but he does have the tools to prove me wrong. Admittedly, he's getting more of zach Wilson hype than will levis hype, but levis did get top 10 hype too. I think people were just more realistic about Levis still being a little raw.

5. Besides Maye, I don't personally view anyone as an over drafted bust in the current top 10 projections. If anything (hot take) I suspect Nabers may underwhelm a la Trey Burks. Jared Verse is the next most likely top 10 bust to me but I give that like... less than 10% chance that he is drafted top 10

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Wit said:

1.  Perhaps but if Minny is not trading up for Maye or Daniels and is trading up for McCarthy they are total fools.  That kind of trade would be very good for the Jets

2. No you can't do that if you are the Jets.

3. Aaron Rodgers trade where our gm got fleeced like a sheep.

4. No, Maye is going to be more Josh Allen/Justin Herbert than Zach Wilson

5. Brian Thomas WR LSU  Bust we take?  JC Latham