NFL Hit With $4.7 Billion Damages in Sunday Ticket Trial, Jets Fans Request Additional Pain & Suffering Compensation

jetstream23

9 hours ago, OilfieldJet said:

As far as actually receiving damages for the past, I agree, but I bet the NFL changes the packaging. Even if/when they appeal, the incremental cost of continuing Sunday Ticket as is has to be too high. Maybe not, but I hope to see an a-la-cart offering this year.

I deserve jewelry and a Porsche just for the past 14 years

• Upvote 1

On 6/28/2024 at 9:53 AM, bicketybam said:

I have no idea what I'm going to do for the upcoming season. I live in CT, close to the NY border. I use FUBO for TV and my local CBS is the Harford affiliate. If the Jets and the Pats both play at the same time, I don't get the Jets. I get the Pats instead.

I was a DirecTV Sunday ticket subscriber for 6 years and last year I went with the YouTube TV version at a promotional rate. This year the renewal is $450. The Jets and Pats play at the same time on 2 occasions (9/15 and 12/22.) 12/29 is a flex game for the Pars so it could be 3. I do like watching other games around the league but $450 is a lot of money for 2-3 Jet games and other out of market games that I may or may not watch.

Does anyone know when Sunday Ticket gets its price reduced during the season? I can make arrangements for the 9/15 game and then pick up a discounted partial season for the 1 or 2 December games.

This doesn't compute for me. I live in Madison, at least 90 minutes from the NY border and I get both CBS stations - one for NY and one for New England. CBS 2 is part of my area. I bought the streaming version of Comcast - the cheapest streaming package for $29 a month, and get all the Jets games. I essentially just get the major networks and a few others which I never watch. I'd be happy to be able to stream the Jets games from the team or NFL and ditch Comcast entirely. I have to use them for internet service too.

1 hour ago, Greensleeves said:

This doesn't compute for me. I live in Madison, at least 90 minutes from the NY border and I get both CBS stations - one for NY and one for New England. CBS 2 is part of my area. I bought the streaming version of Comcast - the cheapest streaming package for $29 a month, and get all the Jets games. I essentially just get the major networks and a few others which I never watch. I'd be happy to be able to stream the Jets games from the team or NFL and ditch Comcast entirely. I have to use them for internet service too.

Fubo gives me CBS-Hartford. That's it.

I was a Direct TV subscriber for years but had a 50% discount because of my ATT affiliation.  The last 5 years were, I hate to cause you guys pain but - FREE!

I did the utube last season but not renewing this year, the price point has exceed its value...  AS others have stated, if the NFL was smart, not sure they are with Goodell in charge, they would offer single team viewing... and I be on board with that.  One point I will make is , I watched a lot of other games to because well you know the team suck for years... so that was a dded benefit.  

18 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

So try to grab the cheapest Xfinity streaming service - about $29 per month and CBS2 should be on it. I would check first obviously. You can cancel after the season is over.

My town has one option for cable TV - Spectrum. They might have CBS NY but I refuse to pay them any more than I already do for Internet that works half the time.

Direct TV gave me CT and NY locals but there is no way I'm going back to them. They were the worst.