Haason Reddick Requests Trade, Joe Says NO!

2 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

I disagree.  It was Woody who was jonesing for Rodgers.  It made sense to Rodgers in here as early as possible.  Even though Rodgers wound up getting hurt, we saw the benefits of his leadership when he got here.  He helped make the whole team better.  If JD had sat back and waited, and Rodgers hadn't gotten here until TC or after, none of that good would have happened.

Both Woody and JD wanted Rodgers.  JD knew trading for Rodgers was the only way out of being forced to start Zach Wilson in 2023.  

A similar thing happened when Peyton Manning went to the broncos.  Elway knew signing Peyton was his only way to escape Tebowmania except in our case the stupid owner insisted on keeping Zach around as the QB2 and that worked out beautifully 

5 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

No there is a whole slue of people that called quinnen  and jj busts because they didn't play much or well in their first years that already label these guys busts... It happens over and over

Sadly, this is spot on!

• Upvote 2

Okay, so your argument is that JFM is going to be the big loss?  I can buy that.  Huff only played like 180 snaps in 2022 and they were actually better.  I did not see the stats, but I think they tried to play JFM inside more last year and were not impressed.  I honestly think they missed Rankins last season and see Kinlaw as more a replacement for him and JFM than Jefferson.  Of course Kinlaw is a question mark and gets hurt a ton, but I don't think it is the end of the world for guys like Solomon Thomas and even the Jayln Holmes and Hector types to play.  They have a strong Dline IMO.  
I get not liking Clemons.  I think he is wildly overrated on the board based on how he looks.  The Shawn Oakman Effect.  I think he is a valuable guy that I see as a high level JAG.  That means I define JAGS as replaceable guys that are not big negatives on the field.  He does play a fairly large role on specials and I think he will quite likely be particularly valuable with the new kick-off rules.  

Huff played 480 snaps last season and JFM played 627. I am sorry if Clemons, Holmes and Hector don’t excite me especially for a team going for a Super Bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

46 minutes ago, mfmartin said:

Huff played 480 snaps last season and JFM played 627. I am sorry if Clemons, Holmes and Hector don’t excite me especially for a team going for a Super Bowl.

Nice way to twist what I said, but I guess for a guy that was all spun up about my UDFA comments I should have expected it.  BTW, Bryce Huff was an UDFA and JFM a waiver wire pickup.  Let's not act like this guys are impossible to find outside the top 5 of the draft.  

I said that Kinlaw and Thomas would be picking up a decent number of JFM's snaps.  I think that Johnson will play more, and so will McDonald who played as many snaps last year as Huff did in 2022.  Holmes and Hector are literally the floor of what will be on the field.  I honestly believe that Reddick will be here and will probably play a similar number of snaps to what Huff played last year.  I'm just not wetting my pants in terror if he doesn't.  Hell, Takk McKinley has been having a nice camp, but I guess he doesn't have the bona fides to satisfy you.

• Upvote 1

Nice way to twist what I said, but I guess for a guy that was all spun up about my UDFA comments I should have expected it.  BTW, Bryce Huff was an UDFA and JFM a waiver wire pickup.  Let's not act like this guys are impossible to find outside the top 5 of the draft.  
I said that Kinlaw and Thomas would be picking up a decent number of JFM's snaps.  I think that Johnson will play more, and so will McDonald who played as many snaps last year as Huff did in 2022.  Holmes and Hector are literally the floor of what will be on the field.  I honestly believe that Reddick will be here and will probably play a similar number of snaps to what Huff played last year.  I'm just not wetting my pants in terror if he doesn't.  Hell, Takk McKinley has been having a nice camp, but I guess he doesn't have the bona fides to satisfy you.

Yes relying on draft busts, ufdas and roleplayers as opposed to a guy who was in the top 5 in sacks in the past 3 years doesn’t excite me.

• Sympathy 1