Davante

11 hours ago, shuler82 said:

If Rodgers and Adams click and it opens up more opportunities for Garrett and it helps fix the offensive woes…  sign me up . We’ve been hoarding draft picks for 15 years to no avail.  Need win now. 

If they both click they both retire at the bye.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

People thinking adams is going to fix the offense are in for a very rude suprise.

You are a pretty negative dude, but in this case I can't convince myself your wrong. Team seems to get worse no matter what they do and this pretty much seems at least similar. I mean Garret and Breece have both gotten worse with the addition of AR8. I mean, I would have never guessed that. So.. yeah, probably right man. 

The Bills are a curious one, why get rid of Stefon Diggs if you are now so desperate for WR help you need to give up draft capital for 31 year old Davante Adams, doesn’t seem like much of a plan going on there if they are truly in the picture …anyone able to provide any insight?

I'm still thinking Douglas might try to move Mike Williams to lower the draft pick demand + get Vegas to eat some of Adams's salary (seeing how the Jets have already paid (as bonus) $7.35MM of MW's $8.6MM for the season.

Williams is barely doing anything without Adams here; he'd be outright irrelevant with Adams + Wilson + Lazard, and no one's taking Lazard in trade seeing how the only people in the league with any affinity for him seem to be Aaron Rodgers and Nate Hackett. 

Also part of the holdup is Adams still isn't yet cleared to play and nobody wants to pick up a currently-injured player - with the type of injury that can linger for a month or more even in a younger player - drawing $1MM/week (as evidenced by him still being on the Raiders). 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm still thinking Douglas might try to move Mike Williams to lower the draft pick demand + get Vegas to eat some of Adams's salary (seeing how the Jets have already paid (as bonus) $7.35MM of MW's $8.6MM for the season.

Williams is barely doing anything without Adams here; he'd be outright irrelevant with Adams + Wilson + Lazard, and no one's taking Lazard in trade seeing how the only people in the league with any affinity for him seem to be Aaron Rodgers and Nate Hackett. 

Also part of the holdup is Adams still isn't yet cleared to play and nobody wants to pick up a currently-injured player - with the type of injury that can linger for a month or more even in a younger player - drawing $1MM/week (as evidenced by him still being on the Raiders). 

Plus @Raideraholic said that Davante is in love with the accuracy of that new weirdo rookie kid they are starting so he likely just stays. 

5 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

The Bills are a curious one, why get rid of Stefon Diggs if you are now so desperate for WR help you need to give up draft capital for 31 year old Davante Adams, doesn’t seem like much of a plan going on there if they are truly in the picture …anyone able to provide any insight?

Diggs wasn’t getting along with Allen and the coaching staff

The Adams injury is bs.  He doesn’t want to play for the raiders anymore that’s why an injury that can’t be disproven by CT, X-Ray or MRI suddenly popped up 2 days before a game.

Woody doesn’t think the jets need Adams plus he doesn’t want to cut Mike Williams who has been a waste and it was his call to bring him here.  Woody doesn’t want to take on the rest of Adams salary for this season.  This franchise is inept.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

But what about the sandwich

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Douglas can throw in a footlong hero and a loaded everything bagel, but you never put that out there with the first offer. Keep your powder dry & stuff.

Haha!

In reality thought the 2 points I think holding this trade up are these.

LV still hoping a team gets desperate with an injury and offers a 2nd

Davante is hurt. No ones trading as you said for a guy that can't play and eating over a mill a week until he can.

• Upvote 1