G'day our new TE?

SoFlaJets

Jets | Team reportedly meeting with agent for Australian player

Fri, 9 Jun 2006 20:40:14 -0700

The Sunday Times, citing the Daily Telegraph, reports agent Greg Keenan is reportedly meeting with the New York Jets about Australian Rules football player Willie Mason. Mason may fit as a tight end in the NFL. A typically cool Mason yesterday confirmed his interest in the US game, labeling the NFL an "exciting" game.

A could see an Aussie being a nice TE. That WR they were talking about...I don't get that. But a TE, he could be a real scrapper. Just not sure about his blocking. But if you need a guy to be kicked in the nuts...well that wouldn't be a problem.

On another board, an Aussie said his contract was coming up, and this was just a way to put the hammer down. Personally, I think any Aussie who has never played american football has only one position (other than kicking) that they could suceed at.... WR. Route running can be learned, and these guys almost all have great hands. They catch in traffic knowing they are going to get hit.

Blocking.... too much to learn. It doesn't exist in their game.

On another board, an Aussie said his contract was coming up, and this was just a way to put the hammer down. Personally, I think any Aussie who has never played american football has only one position (other than kicking) that they could suceed at.... WR. Route running can be learned, and these guys almost all have great hands. They catch in traffic knowing they are going to get hit.

Blocking.... too much to learn. It doesn't exist in their game.

How many of those guys are going to have the speed? Speed with equipment on...I don't think many.

Archived