kerry collins - retired or retreaded?

johnny green balls

he could start for the bears, jets, possibly the titans (don't know much about volek), san fran, and (ironically) oakland.

Kerry Collins is head and shoulders above any QB the Jets have on their roster. Same goes for San Fran. Titans is wait and see with how Young turns out.

I think Collins can do no better than being a serviceable backup from here on out. I'd rank him just barely ahead of Tommy Maddox and thats only 'cause half his throws don't end up as TD's for the other team. lol

Barely ahead of Tommy Maddox? Either you don't like Collins or you're overrating a Steeler QB. Probably a little of both. Maddox is an ok 2nd or 3rd stringer who wouldn't make some NFL team roster cuts. Collins would be an effective starter on most NFL teams.

I don't know why Kerry Collins has become the new Jeff George. Outside of the drinking he seems to have a stable personality and has had a good deal of success as a starter.

Barely ahead of Tommy Maddox? Either you don't like Collins or you're overrating a Steeler QB. Probably a little of both. Maddox is an ok 2nd or 3rd stringer who wouldn't make some NFL team roster cuts. Collins would be an effective starter on most NFL teams.

I don't know why Kerry Collins has become the new Jeff George. Outside of the drinking he seems to have a stable personality and has had a good deal of success as a starter.

You think Maddox can actually make an NFL roster as a backup now? I think he's done. His confidence is shot, IMO. And when a player has that problem, he has no shot.

Kerry Collins could probably make the roster of 4 or 5 teams IMO and thats strictly as a backup. I can't understand how you would think he could be an effective starter either. Didn't he get that chance with the Raiders last year? He even had Randy Moss to throw to.

You think Maddox can actually make an NFL roster as a backup now? I think he's done. His confidence is shot, IMO. And when a player has that problem, he has no shot.

Kerry Collins could probably make the roster of 4 or 5 teams IMO and thats strictly as a backup. I can't understand how you would think he could be an effective starter either. Didn't he get that chance with the Raiders last year? He even had Randy Moss to throw to.

Collins did put up respectable numbers last year and that was with a mediocre offensive line (thanks Jake Grove and Robert Gallery) and an injured Randy Moss. Raiders had no defense and played in the toughest division in all of football so they had no chance anyway.

I think the reason why Collins is being snubbed like this is because he is strictly a drop-back qb. Stil there is nothing wrong with a good drop back qb as long as he has a strong arm and can manage the game which Collins certainly showed he could do here in New York.

Collins did put up respectable numbers last year and that was with a mediocre offensive line (thanks Jake Grove and Robert Gallery) and an injured Randy Moss. Raiders had no defense and played in the toughest division in all of football so they had no chance anyway.

I think the reason why Collins is being snubbed like this is because he is strictly a drop-back qb. Stil there is nothing wrong with a good drop back qb as long as he has a strong arm and can manage the game which Collins certainly showed he could do here in New York.

Fair enough. I would have thought that Cincy or Baltimore would have picked him up if he had anything left in the tank though. Both teams have above average O-lines and WR's and could have used his services IMO.

Kerry Collins will end up somewhere when a star QB goes down.

Still don't know why Cincinnati didn't give him a look as insurance to Carson.

Tennessee isn't a place for him with Volek and Young.

Maybe Pittsburgh, Buffalo or Cleveland will come calling.

Fair enough. I would have thought that Cincy or Baltimore would have picked him up if he had anything left in the tank though. Both teams have above average O-lines and WR's and could have used his services IMO.

i know about 28 teams that if they could sign up now for a 20 TD / 12 INT year (collins' numbers last year) from their QB in '07 would jump all over it.

he wants to start and there is no reason why he shouldn't. there will be a lot of worse passers slinging the ball around come sept. than collins.
The problem is I don't think Collins knows what he wants to do. He had 2-3 teams that were ready to sign him, or at least make an offer, and then they all backed off.

Archived