Pennington officially named starter

LionelRichie

What in the holy #$#^ is Mangini thinking? Hopefulyl Chad will be on a VERY short leash.

He has played like S H I T since the beginning of the 05 season. The last time he had a really good game was vs the seahawks in 04. This entire offense is comoletely handicapped with Penny behind center. I cannot stand watching him start, go 3 and out while attempting no passes over 15 yards.

I'm giving this 1 game in the regular season before I get really pissed off.

The Titans defense is HORRIBLE, and if Chad was anything decent, he'd throw at least 2 TDs and lead the team to 25+ points.

I'd say the San Diego WC game of 04 / Jan 05 was a pretty damn good game for Chad.

He's played like **** since the start of the 05 season? He had 3 freakin' starts and against Miami he wasn't terrible...just couldn't connect on the deep ball on that one throw that I'll never forget.

Kellen Clemens is not the answer. This guy has Jay Fiedler written all over him. He was the 6th or 7th best Qb in this year's draft and you guys are making him out to be the second coming. Give me a break. I'd rather the Jets got broken croyle.

It's a little too soon to give up on Clemens. He's done nothing to show he can't won't be able to get it done in the league. Anybody proclaiming him the "franchise" qb is delusional or at a minimum VERY premature. He is a nice prospect that might develop. Nobody knows. Plenty of good qbs get drafted late and plenty of high picks are busts. That's why you take the BAP in the draft. You don't go into the '07 draft and say "we are set at qb" but usually a 2nd round pick gets a chance to start and show if he deserves to be on the field at some point within a few years. I'd be WAY more nervous about the picks having a 2nd round tackle and Leinart. I liked Cutler a lot from the draft books, but didn't see him play in college.

Kellen Clemens is not the answer. This guy has Jay Fiedler written all over him. He was the 6th or 7th best Qb in this year's draft and you guys are making him out to be the second coming. Give me a break. I'd rather the Jets got broken croyle.

:yawn: I think it's time you fix your signature.

So Mangini did not have an "open competition" like he has stated since the beginning of TC?

At the start of TC....yes. Pennington has had this job by all accounts of writers and people from here who attended TC for weeks. You knew that though.;)

I know him not being named the starter would have been the multiple orgasm to end all others for you but you'll just have to deal with that.

I know him not being named the starter would have been the multiple orgasm to end all others for you but you'll just have to deal with that.

Not at all Shelter, all it really does is make week 2 more of a lock for the Pats.

That's if he can escape getting injured in the opener.

Well, this guarentees the Jets another great chance at the top pick in the '07 draft.

What's the over/under on how many games will be played until Patrick Ramsey has taken the starting job due to Pennington's inevitable injury or futility at the QB position? I'd say 4, and I'll take the under. And I don't even like Patrick Ramsey.

Archived