Why not trade Branch to the Jets?

NIGHT STALKER

I've posted in another thread that you should never trade with a rival. But, think about it for a second. If we're supposed to be as crappy as a lot of so called experts have predicted, the Pats would have received a higher number 1 draft pick. Yes, they traded Branch to the Seahawks for more than meets the eye.

Just maybe the Pats are worried about that team a little bit south of them...;)

I've posted in another thread that you should never trade with a rival. But, think about it for a second. If we're supposed to be as crappy as a lot of so called experts have predicted, the Pats would have received a higher number 1 draft pick. Yes, they traded Branch to the Seahawks for more than meets the eye.

We didn't offer them a #1.

We offered them the Redskins #2 we acquired at draft time! That's a lower level #2.

As good as Branch is he isn't worth a top 5 draft pick and that's what we would be giving the Pats in return for him. We can get Adrian Peterson or Michael Bush (though with the broken leg he will probably fall to 10-25 in the draft).

Not to mention we may be in the Brady Quinn sweepstakes by the end of the season.

Archived