Positive Feelings

Old_Bills_Fan

I was pointing out how stupid your use of Pennington's play-off record was as a reason he can't make it to the SB.

That's a valid point.

What about PennyBoy's 3-14 record against top defensive teams?

9 times out of 10, he would have to face a top 10 defensive team in the playoffs.

His past performnce against such teams has totally sucked.

That's a valid point.

What about PennyBoy's 3-14 record against top defensive teams?

9 times out of 10, he would have to face a top 10 defensive team in the playoffs.

His past performnce against such teams has totally sucked.

It's the same point. It's a BS team stat being used to show an individual can't perform. Why not say Curtis Martin sucks against top 10 defensive teams? He was the running back and a lot more of the O ran through Curtis. Also, why not say Herman Edwards can't coach against a top 10 defense? Herman's blunders with the clock and failure to make any adjustments at all certainly show up worse against top 10 defenses.

How do you explain the Jets being 2-2 in the play-offs with him then?

Are you friggn' kidding me?

PennyBoy aboslutely sucked in the two Divisional round games.

He was exposed (big time) against the Raiders in 2002. Didn't he have a 4.5 QB rating in the 2nd half?

Against the Steelers in 2004, he led the offense to a whopping 3 points in 5 quarters of football.:eek:

If you clowns want to sit and sniff PennyBoy's jock, all the power to you.

Trust me, he will NEVER lead the Jets to the Promised Land.;)

He was exposed (big time) against the Raiders in 2002. Didn't he have a 4.5 QB rating in the 2nd half?

Against the Steelers in 2004, he led the offense to a whopping 3 points in 5 quarters of football.:eek:

We're clowns yet you only count the two games you want to in order to get your fix?

Trust me TX, you are the guy with the delusional problem. WC games not counting as play-off games and all.:confused:

Dude, you don't give it up. What's your philosophy? Let's throw Pennington out and trade up for Brady Quinn? Most qbs, good, great or crap will not lead their team to the promised land. Pennington is not the problem with this team. Nobody is saying that we should stand pat, but there are too many other places we need help to just dump him. He is not a choker, so there is no reason to ditch him when he's thrown for 300 yards 2 weeks straight. 2002 was his first year playing and he was playing a Raiders team that made the Super Bowl. Against the Steelers in 2004 he had a torn rotator cuff.

Besides, I thought that QB rating was meaningless?

"Oh, he led the NFL in that ridiculous "QB rating" stat where it rewards effciency and not productivity." -PatsFaxTx 8-30-06

"Brady got the win, PennyBoy didn't. You can have...

Brady got the win, PennyBoy didn't.

You can have your foolish "QB rating" stat." PatsFanTx 9-18-06

lots of qbs never lead their teams to the promised land. most don't, even some of the greatest ever.

I'm not here to deal much smack. I was curious whether Fans here are feeling optimistic about the upcoming season and the direction the team is going in general. I haven't watch what was going on withthe Jets to closely, but I think both the Bills and Jets have been through the ringer during the off season (and seasons past). To the point where at least in Buffalo we began to hate the media for all the be-littling we have gone through. Last week's win was like a huge emotional release over on the Bills boards. But now everyone is getting behind Bills management and the players.

I figure the Jets Nation has been through the ringer too and wondered what the deelings were here. I believe that Buffalo Fans and the Jets Fans have to be feeling much better about the direction of the team and want to stuff-it in the faces of the media.

Yeah, we've been through the ringer, alright. So if what you are saying is, you can identify with us as a Bills fan, I can see that.

However, When you guys kicked *ss (and in my opinion that Bills team that went to the SB 4 times straight was easily one of the greatest football teams- ever), we sucked bad. So there has never really been a rivalry per se, with you, as there has been with the Pats and the Phins. Now we are both bad, and it's hard to muster the same animosity towards each other that we feel for the Pats.

Just a quick aside, if I'm not mistaken, the year the Jets went 4-12 (Browning Nagle was the starting QB), the Jets beat the Bills twice that year.

That was our SB. ;)

Archived