Positive Feelings

Old_Bills_Fan

I'm not here to deal much smack. I was curious whether Fans here are feeling optimistic about the upcoming season and the direction the team is going in general. I haven't watch what was going on withthe Jets to closely, but I think both the Bills and Jets have been through the ringer during the off season (and seasons past). To the point where at least in Buffalo we began to hate the media for all the be-littling we have gone through. Last week's win was like a huge emotional release over on the Bills boards. But now everyone is getting behind Bills management and the players.

I figure the Jets Nation has been through the ringer too and wondered what the deelings were here. I believe that Buffalo Fans and the Jets Fans have to be feeling much better about the direction of the team and want to stuff-it in the faces of the media.

We actually had a pretty good off season. The draft went well, the new coach seems to understand what strategy is and adjustment are. The team got the cap under control. Best of all we have exorcized the last regime.

The media hates our HC because he doesn't tell them anything and won't allow any other coaches or players to say anything. They also loved Herm because he opened the entire playbook to them and they could actually comprehend the paragraph.

The media is going to abuse the new coach if we lose. They want him out for someone a bit more pliable. Other than that most are pretty happy with the team. Of course if we lose to the Bills we will all turn on the team like a hated mother in law but hey its football and if you lose you deserve the hate.

How far back to you go with the Bills?

I think thats an honest assessment of both teams. The jets and Bills have had a lot of smack wriiten about them over the last few years and I think it has been a little biased considering their have been many other more terrible teams and programs goin on. But if I wern't a Jets fan, as crazy as it may seem I'd probably be a Bills fan Cause I live in Amsterdam.Hey at least you can rest on the fact they had all those superbowl appearences and some pretty good damn players too.My first pick to win AFC East, Jets my second,Bills.

great post old bills fan & welcome to jetnation.

I think you & biggs hit the nail on the head with you're post. It's too bad one of us is gonna have to lose on sunday cause a loss will bode well for the pats or fins.

1-1 is a great start for both sides. we both almost knockedoff the patsies.

the future looks bright today but can get darken at any moment

getting Chad back was like gaining an all-pro QB off the waiver wire

expectations are alot higher because we have a franchise QB again.

Wow, you're going over the top bit.

First, you continually think DFat has not been a bust, and now you think PennyBoy is an All-Pro QB.:eek:

PennyBoy has never made the Pro Bowl, let alone being an All-Pro.

Where do you come up with this crap?

getting Chad back was like gaining an all-pro QB off the waiver wire

expectations are alot higher because we have a franchise QB again.

Why wait for TX? When I think of franchise QB I don't think of Chad. Was this one of your sarcastic type posts like you always made back on the politics forum on that "other" site? lol

Why wait for TX? When I think of franchise QB I don't think of Chad. Was this one of your sarcastic type posts like you always made back on the politics forum on that "other" site? lol

whether you doubt the degree or the extent of the impact the bottom line still stands: Getting Chad back was HUGE for this team and it turned them from rebuilding losers to a moderately talented bunch who can potentially beat any other team on Sunday. He's extremely valuable to the team, and that makes him a franchise caliber player.

whether you doubt the degree or the extent of the impact the bottom line still stands: Getting Chad back was HUGE for this team and it turned them from rebuilding losers to a moderately talented bunch who can potentially beat any other team on Sunday. He's extremely valuable to the team, and that makes him a franchise caliber player.

Agree.

If that's true we should be the favorite against Bufallo a rebuilding team with an unproven, raw QB.

I agree with you that it was huge to get him back. No one was as surprised as I was to see it. But the fact remains that though he's had two great games we're only two games deep in the season, one of those games' stats was elevated considerably by two outstanding plays by the WRs, and no one has even come back from one rotator cuff surgery let alone two. Much as I HATE to say it, when I think of franchise WB I think of players like Peyton and Brady. You HAD to see the difference between the two last Sunday not matter WHAT the stats say.

Losman isn't unproven. He's proven that he's horrible.

He is young and a bit raw but very little one way or the other has been proven about Losman. He's 25 and being handled by the coaching staff. It's way to early to say this kid isn't going to be a solid NFL QB. I like our chances if we get a lead and make him beat us. That said I'm not ready to call Lossman a bust at this point. Pennington showed zero ability to be a decent NFL QB until his third year at 26 years old. To soon to tell.

I agree with you that it was huge to get him back. No one was as surprised as I was to see it. But the fact remains that though he's had two great games we're only two games deep in the season, one of those games' stats was elevated considerably by two outstanding plays by the WRs, and no one has even come back from one rotator cuff surgery let alone two. Much as I HATE to say it, when I think of franchise WB I think of players like Peyton and Brady. You HAD to see the difference between the two last Sunday not matter WHAT the stats say.

The biggest mistake the Jets can make with PennyBoy is believing that he is the one that can lead them to the Promised Land over the next 3-5 years.

Huge mistake.

He has never demonstrated that he can perform against good teams when the Jets need him the most.

He just can't win the big game against good teams.

The biggest mistake the Jets can make with PennyBoy is believing that he is the one that can lead them to the Promised Land over the next 3-5 years.

Huge mistake.

He has never demonstrated that he can perform against good teams when the Jets need him the most.

He has never played for a coaching staff with any imagination before. (Other than them sitting around imagining what it would be like to have brains).

Huge mistake.

Yawn....winning play-off games is beating a good team TX no matter what your Penny obsessed mind thinks.

You have become stale in your posting and possibly need a timeout.

Huge mistake.

The only thing that has been proven is when healthy on the road against the Raiders, a team that went to the SB, he couldn't get it done. You may be right, but this staff has to evaluate that and this year is a critical year for Pennington. If he completes the year healthy and productive he is going to cost some serious money. His ability to demonstrate to Mangini that he is the guy long term is key to his survivability. Games like the one against Bufallo are the type of games he has to lead the team to victory in. There is no reason with this team and this schedule a quality QB can't get 8 to 10 wins and maybe keep us in the playoff hunt. If he can't do that, I'm guessing the Jets will move on to Clemens.

Yawn....winning play-off games is beating a good team TX no matter what your Penny obsessed mind thinks.

PennyBoy's career performance in the playoffs is 2-2.

Hardly the type of performance that is necessary to compete for a Super Bowl.

Huge mistake.

I don't think that's a fair assessment. I think he can step up to play in any game at all. No team rests its entire weight on one player's performance (except the Pats on Vinitieri all these years). Chad's a decent QB. He's accurate and, contrary to the belief of our friends to the North (and in TX), he CAN throw a long ball. He does NOT have the power behind his balls, though and that often gets the recievers into trouble. Look at how Santana Moss has done since he went to Washington and got rid of his alligator arms. Chad is also a great team leader.

My criticism of him is only that I question whether he really IS as healthy as he and everyone else claims. Those surgeries are serious and although he had much more rehad time this year than last I think it may only be a matter of time before it's injured for good. I hope I'm wrong. I really do.

My criticism of Bit was only that I don't think Chad's all the QB that Bit thinks he is. I hope I'm wrong on that, too.

That's a GREAT point! He's got amazing natural talent, but it wouldn't be nearly as effective without the system he's playing in.

PennyBoy's career performance in the playoffs is 2-2.

Hardly the type of performance that is necessary to compete for a Super Bowl.

What's Peyton Mannings record in the play-offs?

Is the reason Manning has not gone to the SB because he isn't that level of a QB or because he lost to better teams?

If your answer is the latter than why is Pennington held to a different standard of evaluation when it comes to his team winning?

What's Peyton Mannings record in the play-offs?

Is the reason Manning has not gone to the SB because he isn't that level of a QB or because he lost to better teams?

If your answer is the latter than why is Pennington held to a different standard of evaluation when it comes to his team winning?

Peyton Manning is the best QB in the NFL.

How can you even begin to compare him to PennyBoy is unbelievable.

Did you see what Manning did against the Broncos and the Chiefs two years ago in the playoffs?????????

The offense didn't even have to punt in those two games.

You think PennyBoy can carry the Jets like that? He wouldn't even have a chance to do something like that.

Did you see what Manning did against the Broncos and the Chiefs two years ago in the playoffs?????????

You think PennyBoy can carry the Jets like that? He wouldn't even have a chance to do something like that.

How many times did the Jets punt in the 02 Colts win?

Not comparing the two and you are aware of that.

I was pointing out how stupid your use of Pennington's play-off record was as a reason he can't make it to the SB.

We didn't compare them. You did. You used playoff records as an indicator of a quarterbacks ability to win the big one. Once again, using a team stat to rate an individuals.

Archived