Is it me or does Thomas look like a WR playing DE?

SouthernJet

to be clear im sure he's a nice guy - just speculating - he is a very fast player clock wise and young - so it's surprising to me why he hasn't gotten another gig. all i'm saying is there has to be something we the fans don't know because from a football perspective it never made sense to me.

note the compliment i paid him, to reiterate i like him better as an edge rusher than either Kassel or Chatham as ILBs. hobson should be playing ILB and guys like Vilma and McClover rushing outside

It's not a matter of him being a nice guy or not, but you keep throwing out the character thing (you did it a month ago too, and I shot it down then too) and him being cut was not about character. It might have been the CS thought he lost something after his injury, or that he wasnt doing well in the class work. But you shouldnt start unsubstantiated rumors about character and street issues, when such is not the case. That is all.

And as for the performance thing, i am still amazed they would cut someone who proved he can block a punt and run it back for a TD, and keep these Jims and matts who are playing like crap.

I dont think thats accurate about DmC and I think you're wrong about that. If anything, i think maybe his "classroom" work wasnt good enough for the CS, but he is a hard worker and very disciplined, so drop the "street" stuff. No one on the team is more street than Coles.

He didn't say he was "street" he said he was still on the street, as in still out of the NFL. McClover might have helped on ST, but I can't see him playing LB either inside or outside with this scheme. These guys want BIG 250-260 lb LBs, 227 is way too light. BT looks small. No sense wasting time with a guy that will never fit the scheme. You can say that about a lot of guys on this team, but I can't argue much with the cut.

He didn't say he was "street" he said he was still on the street, as in still out of the NFL. McClover might have helped on ST, but I can't see him playing LB either inside or outside with this scheme. These guys want BIG 250-260 lb LBs, 227 is way too light. BT looks small. No sense wasting time with a guy that will never fit the scheme. You can say that about a lot of guys on this team, but I can't argue much with the cut.

Yes but he mentioned "maybe its a character thing" and thats what i disagree with.

So, mcc will end up adding to the stats of the guys who dont play in the league more than 3 years. Too bad, he's a good guy and works hard.

Um, I must have missed one of Vilma's Pro Bowl seasons.

And the only reason he went last year was because Zach Thomas was hurt.

DROY = 1st season

ProBowler = 2nd season

1st 2 seasons he was DROY and a probowler.

Zach Thomas only got in with his name.

He lead the LEAGUE in tackles. He deserved to go anyway, but was snubbed because he played on the Jets.

He did deserve to go, for sure, and it was justice that he went.

uart you should stick with the football board, you make sense here.

Baseball board, not so much :P

Archived