One less win that New England

SoFlaJets

No because it will help freeze the brains of the refs so they can call some more "tuck rules". :)

BZ

Sometimes you are better off letting it go - SoFla made a bad post, you pile on - and neither one of you is looking any smarter for it. ;)

Lake effect snow would have as much ill effect on the Pats as it would on Buffalo. This 'aint FLA, you know ;)

Sometimes you are better off letting it go - SoFla made a bad post, you pile on - and neither one of you is looking any smarter for it. ;)

Lake effect snow would have as much ill effect on the Pats as it would on Buffalo. This 'aint FLA, you know ;)

Hey, lighten up there sunshine. Who peed in your Flutie Flakes?

BZ

Yes I am.

Considering the beating they took last week I was very happy to see this team bounce back the way they did.

There is still alot of work to be done but I saw a running game that is alot better than it was week 1.

There is still alot of work to be done but it does look like the Jets have bought in Mangini and his program.

BOUNCE BACK?!?!?!?!

Who bounced back?!?!?! We looked only marginally (and I hesitate to even use THAT word) better than we did last week. We only won because the Dolphins are simply THAT bad. The Jets SHOULD have come out embarrassed and pissed off after last week's embarrassment. Instead, we saw a replay!

Is our running game better than week 1. Of course. I hope it is. It SHOULD be. But as far as a comparison to last week, no it's no better.

I was NOT encouraged in the least by yesterday's game.

Sounds like you are asking Pets fans to show some class.

Dont hold your breath.

they'll start leaving eventually-especially when their team once again fails to produce in the playoffs this January-then we'll get to hear 3 outta 6...pathetic.I can't see myself say,going over and registering at FinHeaven to rub it in the Finsfans faces-it IS about class Jetcane (or lack there of) you hit it on the head bro

There you go. Now see if you can resist the urge to post in every thread and piss all over our win.

It is your bye week after all.

:)

BZ

Bye week is over! ;)

I'm just busting chops. I do it well, no?

Okay, I won't rain on your parade anymore.

Congrats on the victory.

thank you Garb-we'll take it-it wasn't pretty but a W is a W

It's all about the breaks evening out.

The NYJ played valiantly vs the Colts, but it was a L.

The NYJ played a flawed game vs the Mammals, but its a W. We'll take it.

It's all about the breaks evening out.

The NYJ played valiantly vs the Colts, but it was a L.

The NYJ played a flawed game vs the Mammals, but its a W. We'll take it.

and you know what JC it's what a few of us have been saying all spring and summer-there's a few plays and ref calls each game that will make the difference between a win and a loss and IF some of those went OUR way instead of oh say,New England (who always gets the calls) we might be OK...it's proving itself out so far IMO

and you know what JC it's what a few of us have been saying all spring and summer-there's a few plays and ref calls each game that will make the difference between a win and a loss and IF some of those went OUR way instead of oh say,New England (who always gets the calls) we might be OK...it's proving itself out so far IMO

Mantra of the loser........whining about the refs.

Execution of plays is what decides games. It is those few plays, for most games, that is the difference.

Mantra of the loser........whining about the refs.

Execution of plays is what decides games. It is those few plays, for most games, that is the difference.

and quoting stats is the language of the loser...what,you actually think the officiating has been good this year PF?

and quoting stats is the language of the loser...what,you actually think the officiating has been good this year PF?

I believe stats are lies and damm lies.

Anywho.....

officiating is always horrid. Unless it is like a clear instance, like when VT scored that non-TD 8 years ago, that is one thing, but judgement calls are apart of every game. PI on one play is not on another. The same with holding.

If a team executes better. They should win and will not let the refs have a chance to effect the game.

I believe stats are lies and damm lies.

Anywho.....

officiating is always horrid. Unless it is like a clear instance, like when VT scored that non-TD 8 years ago, that is one thing, but judgement calls are apart of every game. PI on one play is not on another. The same with holding.

If a team executes better. They should win and will not let the refs have a chance to effect the game.

but they do affect games every single week-we could have put that game out of reach with that face mask non call by Taylor AND Zach on Leon Washington-I kept seeing Miami's O-linemen holding all day and we get called on one where Barlow ran for 8 on a 1st down-another big call

it's difficult to enjoy a win like this one

the defense did everything in it's power to give the game away; fourth quarter was the worst cumulative example of football tackling on the part of the Jets I think I've seen in my forty years of watching football

horrible doesn't even begin to describe; then, as if on queue, CBS draws out the red "safe field goal line" on the field, and the defense caves right down to it - plus two for good measure

Mare missing short and right was a fluke

The Offense had a great second half, on the other hand. Washington appears to be the 2nd half guy, using his combination of quickness and power against defenses which have presumably been worn down by Barlow and Askew. I don't see it, myself, but Coles/Penny had a really good half.

I have no confidence in the defenseive players OR coaches at this point

#30 (Coleman) was the worst of the bunch

They got lucky again and are, IMO, the worst .500 team in football

it's difficult to enjoy a win like this one

the defense did everything in it's power to give the game away; fourth quarter was the worst cumulative example of football tackling on the part of the Jets I think I've seen in my forty years of watching football

horrible doesn't even begin to describe; then, as if on queue, CBS draws out the red "safe field goal line" on the field, and the defense caves right down to it - plus two for good measure

Mare missing short and right was a fluke

The Offense had a great second half, on the other hand. Washington appears to be the 2nd half guy, using his combination of quickness and power against defenses which have presumably been worn down by Barlow and Askew. I don't see it, myself, but Coles/Penny had a really good half.

I have no confidence in the defenseive players OR coaches at this point

#30 (Coleman) was the worst of the bunch

They got lucky again and are, IMO, the worst .500 team in football

You forgot to mention how the Dolphins did their homework like every other team we've played and absolutely picked apart Justin Miller. The guy can't cover @#&*!!!!!!!

but they do affect games every single week-we could have put that game out of reach with that face mask non call by Taylor AND Zach on Leon Washington-I kept seeing Miami's O-linemen holding all day and we get called on one where Barlow ran for 8 on a 1st down-another big call

the level of quality of the calls are just another part of the game. You can't blame a win or a loss on good/bad calls by the refs.

the level of quality of the calls are just another part of the game. You can't blame a win or a loss on good/bad calls by the refs.

I'm not 16-I'm saying the zebras have been doing a lousy job especially on the roughing the passer calls-there was another horrible one on Cincy yesterday that may have given the game to Tampa bay

I'm not 16-I'm saying the zebras have been doing a lousy job especially on the roughing the passer calls-there was another horrible one on Cincy yesterday that may have given the game to Tampa bay

Right on. I think they've gotten SO sensitive to protecting the passers that it's gotten out of hand. I'm not sure there's necessarily an inconsistency, though.

Right on. I think they've gotten SO sensitive to protecting the passers that it's gotten out of hand. I'm not sure there's necessarily an inconsistency, though.

Exactly.

I think the refs have been pretty damn consistent with roughing the passer calls throughout the league.

Don't blame the refs for poor calls, blame the rules committe for enacting poor rules.

Archived