no new NT

bitonti

being an NFL head coach is a volatile job. if mangini ****s the bed, especially in NY, he will be hard pressed to get another shot for some time. when you get older you will realize that when your ass is on the line you go with what you know best.

at the end of the day the problem is not the scheme. the problem is the individual players getting blown up. the jets stink equally in the 3-4 and 4-3.

True.

But in the offseason Mangini will have to completely overhaul more than half the front 7 and find a nose tackle that doesnt exist.

Its gonna be harder to fix the 3-4.......

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True.

But in the offseason Mangini will have to completely overhaul more than half the front 7 and find a nose tackle that doesnt exist.

Its gonna be harder to fix the 3-4.......

dont be silly. He does not need to overhaul a whole front 7. He needs to get rid of Vilma, Ellis and Robertson in order to improve the 3-4.

Believe or not, Jets have NTs on the roster.. Since Jets are far from a complete team, Jets are going through a growing pain season to learn 3-4.

dont be silly. He does not need to overhaul a whole front 7. He needs to get rid of Vilma, Ellis and Robertson in order to improve the 3-4.

Believe or not, Jets have NTs on the roster.. Since Jets are far from a complete team, Jets are going through a growing pain season to learn 3-4.

I wasnt even including Vilma and Ellis in the "overhaul"

But you forgot that Hobson and Kimo suck as well, and will be gone.

So I guess that leaves us, between your idea and my idea, Barton and Thomas on the defense? Sounds good too me, I mean this is afterall the same top 7 defense from 2004, plus Kerry Rhodes and Dyson.....:bag:

I wasnt even including Vilma and Ellis in the "overhaul"

But you forgot that Hobson and Kimo suck as well, and will be gone.

So I guess that leaves us, between your idea and my idea, Barton and Thomas on the defense? Sounds good too me, I mean this is afterall the same top 7 defense from 2004, plus Kerry Rhodes and Dyson.....:bag:

I know... I am only one in Jets world who wants to get rid of Vilma...

Anyway, Kimo and Hobson are not explosive players but can be doing all right as a team player.. I think Jets will keep Hobson because he is getting comfortable with 3-4 defense. Jets would be stupid to let go of Hobson and Thomas unless big bucks are in the request.

Robertson needs to go first and then the rest of the defense corp is up to a music.

WTF?!?

Ok, first off, who are these NT's we have on our roster? Robertson? Moore? Pouha? True, you can get anyone to play Nose in a 3-4 scheme but if you want to run a 3-4 successfully you need a big NT that commands a double-team. None of those guys fit the bill.

Nobody in the draft besides Alan Branch really fits the bill either.

As for trading Vilma that is absolutely horrific. Unless the Jets got a top 10 pick in return we would be getting robbed and even then unless that pick turned into a pro bowler we'd still be getting robbed.

Archived