The O-Line is coming along nicely

Johnnybones

Except D'Brick needs a lot of work on his run blocking in space. There were at least three plays yesterday in which he was out in front of Leon on sweeps/pitches to the left. He whiffed on the block all three times. He actually just fell down on the third one, but Washington scored the TD anyway. He needs to get out in front and just pancake the first opponent he sees, opening up a big hole not just getting in his way to delay the tackle. Overall, I like his progress though.

Except D'Brick needs a lot of work on his run blocking in space. There were at least three plays yesterday in which he was out in front of Leon on sweeps/pitches to the left. He whiffed on the block all three times. He actually just fell down on the third one, but Washington scored the TD anyway. He needs to get out in front and just pancake the first opponent he sees, opening up a big hole not just getting in his way to delay the tackle. Overall, I like his progress though.

He didn't whiff on that TD. Just because you don't pancake somebody doesn't mean you whiff, the DB jumped inside (stupidly) to avoid him. Blocking "in space" is the least of his problems. Pulling tackles 10 yards downfield is not common. I'm more worried about him getting a push off the line on run downs.

He didn't whiff on that TD. Just because you don't pancake somebody doesn't mean you whiff, the DB jumped inside (stupidly) to avoid him. Blocking "in space" is the least of his problems. Pulling tackles 10 yards downfield is not common. I'm more worried about him getting a push off the line on run downs.

I'm sorry, you are right it wasn't a whiff. The d-back kinda stiff-armed him and he fell forward. Either way, whether it is common or not, the coaching staff put him in that position at least three times and all three were unsuccessful, imo.

I'm sorry, you are right it wasn't a whiff. The d-back kinda stiff-armed him and he fell forward. Either way, whether it is common or not, the coaching staff put him in that position at least three times and all three were unsuccessful, imo.

TD = success

I know what you mean, but you can't expect him to hit a db that far down field in the open, only to clear the space for the back. That play was as successful as can be. If he is running 10 yards downfield and there is nobody to hit then it is a success even if he doesn't hit anybody. Only got the stream from halftime on, and I didn't notice him missing much and he looks like he can run.

He actually just fell down on the third one, but Washington scored the TD anyway.

He took out 2 defenders on that play. He likely "fell" on purpose since he pushed one defender back and then "fell" to take out the other. He was the main reason nobody even touched Washington. That was a hell of a play.

Archived