Today's Game

MikeJetsWord

Well, I will start off on a good note, because today theres room for some praise. The Defense did its job ALL DAY long. You can't really fault the D for the one TD play, good teams will make big plays, it happens. The D came up big after the failed onside kick, to force the field goal.

Also, good job keeping the ball out of Devin Hester's hands for the most part. The only time he got it Brad Smith got there quick.

Running game looked really sharp at times. Cedric Houston had a big day, and Washington didn't do much worse.

Now to the part that no one wants to hear. Chad Pennington did VERY poorly today. That INT in the endzone KILLED us. If we had gotten at least some points there, we probably could have won.

Anyway, Im so sick of Chad Pennington, he can never do good in a big game, and put together good drives that end in points. I think that hes a warrior and all that sh*t but at sometime, hes going to have to be replaced for someone who can get the job done. Now I'm not saying that Kellen is the answer, but he at least deserves a shot. I think if we lose 1 or 2 more games, then we should give Clemens a serious look on offense. As of right now, Chad IS the best QB on our roster, and it sickens me to say that.

Oh well, a wasted chance to actually contend for the playoffs is ruined.

Well, I will start off on a good note, because today theres room for some praise. The Defense did its job ALL DAY long. You can't really fault the D for the one TD play, good teams will make big plays, it happens. The D came up big after the failed onside kick, to force the field goal.

Also, good job keeping the ball out of Devin Hester's hands for the most part. The only time he got it Brad Smith got there quick.

Running game looked really sharp at times. Cedric Houston had a big day, and Washington didn't do much worse.

Now to the part that no one wants to hear. Chad Pennington did VERY poorly today. That INT in the endzone KILLED us. If we had gotten at least some points there, we probably could have won.

Anyway, Im so sick of Chad Pennington, he can never do good in a big game, and put together good drives that end in points. I think that hes a warrior and all that sh*t but at sometime, hes going to have to be replaced for someone who can get the job done. Now I'm not saying that Kellen is the answer, but he at least deserves a shot. I think if we lose 1 or 2 more games, then we should give Clemens a serious look on offense. As of right now, Chad IS the best QB on our roster, and it sickens me to say that.

Oh well, a wasted chance to actually contend for the playoffs is ruined.

This just in, we are very much still in the hunt for a playoff birth. This game aside, most were predicting 4-6 after losing to Cleveland. We won a big game (surprisingly with CP at the helm of which you just said he couldn't do) and we are still in the thick of it.

Overall it was a good game that basically came down to three plays. All of them made by the Bears.

1) Urlacher's INT in the end zone

2) Recovering the onside kick to start the second half. (I really question that one)

3) The Grossman TD pass.

I thought the Jets did some nice things on offense in the first half and kept the Bears off balance. Second half. different story. The Bears took control of the game on the defensive side of the ball.

Dissapointed, yes but still a long way to go.

Overall it was a good game that basically came down to three plays. All of them made by the Bears.

1) Urlacher's INT in the end zone

2) Recovering the onside kick to start the second half. (I really question that one)

3) The Grossman TD pass.

I thought the Jets did some nice things on offense in the first half and kept the Bears off balance. Second half. different story. The Bears took control of the game on the defensive side of the ball.

Dissapointed, yes but still a long way to go.

You really don't think that non-fumble didn't play a part in this game? We get that call to go the right way, which it was a fumble, and we likely get 3 points and have no need to onside kick up 3-0 at half time.

Could have but we won't know.

Considering Mangini's lack of faith in Nugent I don't think 3 was guaranteed even if the Jets had gotten the ball on that.

The ball would have been on thr 35 and we wre moving the ball well on the gorund at the particular time in the game. I just hate that it happened that way. The refs shouldn't alter the outcome of the game.

Archived