The I Hate Chad Pennington Thread....

SoFlaJets

How do you know if it's best for the future when you don't know who Mangini will start in the future? It's things like this that make your position so baffling. I don't think you understood my last post even, but I don't want to be a jerk about it, so I'll just drop it.

but I DO know who he'll start in the future serphnx-

he will start...

the player who best gives the Jets a chance to win every Sunday-just like he has said all along he would do and has never wavered from-not once

In fact, if that is your debate SoFla then you really should be a huge proponent of having Pats fans here. Seeing as Jets fans should not discuss other alternatives different than what the coaching staff has done amongst themselves as fans, the only value of a Jets message board is to allow rival fans here and only have threads about how our team can kick the crap out of theirs. If your only defense in a debate that YOU STARTED is to hide behind a coaches decision, then don't start a debate at all.

You could care less about it, yet you started a thread to understand it?? So what's your point.

I think I speak for everyone who criticizes Chad in saying the following as I've said numerous times before:

He is a middle of the pack QB earning top dollar money. The hurt that he will be putting on our salary cap far outweighs the performance he puts on the field. By playing with a QB of his caliber, we are forced to build an incredibly solid D and running game. That is typically not an issue for most teams, such as BAL and TB in thew past. But it becomes a MAJOR issue if BAL and TB were paying Dilfer and Johnson respectivel at the level that we pay Pennington. If they were then they would never have the money to build a D and a running game like they had.

Chad is never going to be able to put this team solely on his back and win the big games. He needs an enormous supporting cast to do so. He is much more of a "don't do things to hurt your team" type of QB than he is a "go out and win for your team" QB.

So let me ask you, what if we make the playoffs and Pennington is willing to sign for middle of the pack QB money? We don't have to shoot the wad on a QB who has to carry us on his back. We build an elite D and a crushing ground game with an unspactacular but effiecient dink and dunk passing game? There is clearly more than 1 way to build a team in this era of mediocre teams that lack both elite QB's and elite D and O units. This is the era where one elite unit can get you in and the overall QB play is probably the worst in decades. Seems like as plausible a plan as going for an elite QB.

In fact, if that is your debate SoFla then you really should be a huge proponent of having Pats fans here. Seeing as Jets fans should not discuss other alternatives different than what the coaching staff has done amongst themselves as fans, the only value of a Jets message board is to allow rival fans here and only have threads about how our team can kick the crap out of theirs.

I have no problem with Pats fans here B-76 ask any one of them individually in PMs any single one go ahead-or ask Max if I...never mind

Okay, I'm new to this group but have been a Jets fan for a while. I think it is ridiculous that there are so many Chad haters out there. I'll admit that the guy doesn't have the strongest arm in the league and has been injury prone in the past, but he is one of the smartest quarterbacks in the game and his decision making is among the elite QB's today. He may not be the QB of the future for the Jets, then again he may, but I don't feel as if he deserves such bashing in the Jets community. Just my personal opinion.

Okay, I'm new to this group but have been a Jets fan for a while. I think it is ridiculous that there are so many Chad haters out there. I'll admit that the guy doesn't have the strongest arm in the league and has been injury prone in the past, but he is one of the smartest quarterbacks in the game and his decision making is among the elite QB's today. He may not be the QB of the future for the Jets, then again he may, but I don't feel as if he deserves such bashing in the Jets community. Just my personal opinion.

I like to psychoanalyze things-

And through that lens I come to the conclusion that it's a select group of Herm bashers, who, having lost Herm, now turn on new meat- Chad.

It reminds of a time back in the day when I was a bachelor. My friend Jake had an apartment with two other guys, they were ironworkers. Well, one day, one of them, named Rich, brought a guy home from the work site, who he found sleeping in a truck. Big mistake. I guess Rich felt sorry for the guy, but there's a reason why a person winds up sleeping in a truck. If you see somebody sleeping in a truck, don't get involved. Don't try to help. Just leave them be.

Anyway, this guys name was Jim, and he was an alcoholic divorcee (go figure) with mental problems (we would read his mail, most of it was medical bills from psych wards and what not). One time my brother went to visit Jake, but nobody answered the door but my brother heard the tv on so let himself in (the door was rarely locked). Lo and behold, there was Jim, on the couch, buck naked, stretching his willy. My brother quickly did an about face and got out of there, pronto. This guy Jim was a wacko. On another occasion, we found him by the back steps, laying on the ground and banging his bleeding head on the steps (made of brick).

Anyway, one day we were all hanging in the living room, and we decided to rent a movie, so they sent me to the video joint as I was good at picking out movies. I brought back "Slackers". Theres a scene in the movie where a guy runs his mother over with a car, and kills her. During this part, Jim began laughing hysterically. Me and Jake asked him what was so funny, and he said rather incredulously, "I hate my mother, too, but I'm not gonna kill her!" He laughed and laughed.

A few weeks later we dosed him up with pills and booze and drove him upstate new york and pushed his a*s out on the side of some road.

Damned if the motherf*cker didn't find his way back.

Just want to add a little dose of reality to this:

For the Jets to reach the Super Bowl, they would have to beat either the Colts, Broncos, Pats or Chargers three consectutive weekends ON THE ROAD.

Pigs have a greater chance of flying then the Jets do of pulling that off. ;)

A 6 seed winning the SB...Nahhh..never happen.

SUPER-BOWL-FOOTBALL-2.jpg

I think...just maybe...there's a difference from a 6th seed that placed 15-1 and had the #1 seed the year prior, and a 6th seed that finished 4-12 the previous year.

The Pats were 5-11 the year before they won the SB.

Archived