Jets Injuries

BigOrangeJetFan

Could not see the game. Followed it on NFL.com.

Read that DRob left the game with an injury. Did he return? I don't think so. Any word on his injury?

Also mentioned as injured...Mangold, BMoore. We need healthy bodies next wk, whoever we are playing.

Dewyane returned.

Mangold returned.

We have been unbelievably lucky with injuries this season.

Here's to hoping Dyson heals up quick.

Dewyane returned.

Mangold returned.

We have been unbelievably lucky with injuries this season.

Here's to hoping Dyson heals up quick.

Chads arm is definetly not 100 pct but I am not complaining,I do not think he threw one pass over 40 yds .Field must be strethched out vs Pats defense or we have no chance

Chads arm is definetly not 100 pct but I am not complaining,I do not think he threw one pass over 40 yds .Field must be strethched out vs Pats defense or we have no chance

Its 110%

The reason we didnt throw deep on the Radiers is becuase we didnt need to and it is their one strength.... nothing more nothing less

Chad's arm is what it is.

I think we've seen the most of its ability.

He can stretch the d' when needed.

May not be on a laser, may float, but he HAS the ability to strech a defense.

amazing what a conditioning program can do.

Yeah - just astounding. Who would have ever thought that demanding peak conditioning of the guys on the field (from day one - ask McCareins) would translate to them being able to play more? Shazam!

Certainly, yes, you can minimize chance of injury through a good regiment of conditioning, but when 300 lb + men are colliding, luck has a great deal to do with it as well.

trying to think of how your post is relevant and... i got nothing. as you acknowledge, conditioning minimizes chances of injuries and it is negligent/incompetent for a coach to not enforce it. whether you're lucky or not is beyond your control; there was no excuse for "club ed" and whether the '05 jets would've had the exact same injuries due to "bad luck" is irrelevant. herm let this team down by failing to fine overweight players and by not insisting on good physicial conditioning. plus, poor conditioning doesn't just risk injuries to those that are out of shape-- your skill players will get hurt more if your lines are too fat and winded to block effectively.

trying to think of how your post is relevant and... i got nothing. as you acknowledge, conditioning minimizes chances of injuries and it is negligent/incompetent for a coach to not enforce it. whether you're lucky or not is beyond your control; there was no excuse for "club ed" and whether the '05 jets would've had the exact same injuries due to "bad luck" is irrelevant. herm let this team down by failing to fine overweight players and by not insisting on good physicial conditioning. plus, poor conditioning doesn't just risk injuries to those that are out of shape-- your skill players will get hurt more if your lines are too fat and winded to block effectively.

Sure, there's no excuse for a por coditionng program, that is a vey valid statement.

But at the same time, the most highly coditioned athletes in the world still get hurt.

Saying that conditioning is the only thing that keeps athletes healthy is an oversight.

I'm not going to argue Herm Edwards poor philosophy when it came to conditioning his players, beause I agree.

But freak injuries, and the involvement of luck will ALWAYS play a role in sports.

Sure, there's no excuse for a por coditionng program, that is a vey valid statement.

But at the same time, the most highly coditioned athletes in the world still get hurt.

Saying that conditioning is the only thing that keeps athletes healthy is an oversight.

I'm not going to argue Herm Edwards poor philosophy when it came to conditioning his players, beause I agree.

But freak injuries, and the involvement of luck will ALWAYS play a role in sports.

i think we're agreeing here-- of course luck has something to do with it. a coach's job is to control what can be controlled. if a coach neglects his conditioning program-- he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt and gets the blame for all injuries because even a "freak" injury like rupturing an achilles on a juke may have been avoided if an out-of-shape blocker had been able to get to his assignment a tenth of a second faster or hold a block for .2 seconds longer. a coach's job is to minimize the impact of bad luck.

Archived