Are we as jet fans willing...

lawngnome o-line

To let this game be the end all, be all answer to the question who is better, the Jets or the Pats?

Look at it this way, we have at least 8 months of arguing over any Jet news in the offseason where we do nothing more than saying that "the Jets are better than the Pats" or Pats fans saying "we won the division and 3 championships, pennington has a noodle arm, nugent is a waste of a 2nd rounder, david hasselhoff is the greatest musical artist of this or any generation". We always say that in a certain situation, our favorite team would win. LET'S END THIS ARGUING.

I know Jet fans are going to say, well its in Foxboro, if it was at home we would have won. Pats fans are going to say that, if we didn't have injuries, if the weather was better, etc. then we would have won. Put the complaints aside.

I'm willing to put my reputation, and pretty much anything else on the line and say that if the Jets win, they ARE the better team. If the Pats win, they ARE the better team. We split the season series, and in the GAME THAT MATTERS THE MOST whatever team wins is the best prepared and played the best in the biggest game.

If you (Jetnation Posters) don't want to accept this, that's fine, but there is no better example to help prove this point.

Oh, and by the way, make the Pats doormats on our playoff run.

Hey Lawn -- long time no see. What you outline isn't entirely fair. Agreed the team that wins is the better team. They will have won 2 of 3 and gone further in the postseason.

But that won't mean both teams aren't headed in different directions. The Jets were not supposed to be better than the Pats this year. It wasn't close. I don't want to penalize the Jets for setting the bar higher than was anticipated.

On and the Pats suck! :P

I don't know if you could say one franchise is better than the other for all time based on one game. I surely hope you guys cream them, but if you don't I wouldn't say they are better than your Jets. The Jet's and Pats are 2 teams going in opposite directions. The Pats have already lost their grip on the AFC, and are losing their choke hold on the AFC East; the Jets are surprisingly good and getting better. Most pundits had the Jets winning 4 or less games this year. Probably the exact motivation Mangini has been using to whip those Jets into a frenzy. No matter what happens during this one game, rest assured that the Jets are improving and the Pats are not. The AFC East could be yours for the taking.

Archived