Jets QB in 2027 😂

1 minute ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

I might be dead in 2027 .

On the other hand, you might be alive and well and banging Margot Robbie on the reg in 2027, and not care who the QB is. It’s all about how you look at things!

• Haha 1

Isn't there like a 65 mil arod cap hit due in 2026? 

Which I know everyone is like the cap isn't real but that's probably when they are due to tank again 

Which yes could lead to a top 3 elite pick in the 2027 NFL draft 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Which I know everyone is like the cap isn't real but that's probably when they are due to tank again 

How much dead cap is there for 2024? 52 mil you say?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

Imitating Mahomes' quirky mannerisms to that extent is like trying to wear his MVP crown – it just doesn't fit. We can forgive his popped booty speed walk because he's a gridiron prodigy, but for others, it's just plain stupid.

He’s a high level recruit.

There are expectations of production way beyond the mannerisms.

“The decision marks a potential seismic shift in fortunes for Nebraska football, as Raiola's commitment makes him the highest-ranked high school recruit to pick the Cornhuskers since ESPN began tracking rankings in 2006, per ESPN Stats & Information.

Raiola is ranked No. 8 overall in the 2024 ESPN 300.”

5 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

Imitating Mahomes' quirky mannerisms to that extent is like trying to wear his MVP crown – it just doesn't fit. We can forgive his popped booty speed walk because he's a gridiron prodigy, but for others, it's just plain stupid.

Mannerisms?  I thought he said that Raiola had all of Mahomes manureisms?

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

If, by $65MM, you actually mean $35MM, then yes.

Plus that can be spread over two years if he signs a phony-baloney extension - possible when the team and player are on good terms - with new salary that never gets paid to him, so he can officially hand in his retirement papers on 6/1.

Even in the absence of such a manipulation, it's the same single-player dead money that Denver & Buffalo both are dealing with this year, that Green Bay had last year, except it'll hit on a much higher cap ceiling: by 2026 the league salary cap should be somewhere in the $280-300MM range.

Adjusted for salary cap inflation it's no worse (and in some cases not even as bad) as those or other big single-player hits: Carson Wentz, Antonio Brown, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, etc.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

If, by $65MM, you actually mean $35MM, then yes.

Plus that can be spread over two years if he signs a phony-baloney extension - possible when the team and player are on good terms - with new salary that never gets paid to him, so he can officially hand in his retirement papers on 6/1.

Even in the absence of such a manipulation, it's the same single-player dead money that Denver & Buffalo both are dealing with this year, that Green Bay had last year, except it'll hit on a much higher cap ceiling: by 2026 the league salary cap should be somewhere in the $280-300MM range.

Adjusted for salary cap inflation it's no worse (and in some cases not even as bad) as those or other big single-player hits: Carson Wentz, Antonio Brown, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, etc.

yeah as soon as I posted it I looked at Jason site and as @bicketybam points out there's 52 dead money right now 

it's not just ARod of course 

players like Tyron, CJ Mosely and even John Simpson have money spread out to forever it seems like 

here's to hoping that the salary cap keeps increasing at these relatively massive rates - it has but does that mean it always will 

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

yeah as soon as I posted it I looked at Jason site and as @bicketybam points out there's 52 dead money right now 

it's not just ARod of course 

players like Tyron, CJ Mosely and even John Simpson have money spread out to forever it seems like 

here's to hoping that the salary cap keeps increasing at these relatively massive rates - it has but does that mean it always will 

If they find a new QB on his rookie contract by that time without that QB damning them to a season that earns yet another top 3-16 pick - yes I know this is the Jets we're talking about, but go with me on this - then even that one-time hit won't feel as bad.

Odds are it won't be, but let's say it's this FSU kid Travis, even with a dead $35MM hit from Rodgers it'll still be a dramatically lower total QB position cap hit than at least half the other teams will carry. 

In 2026, Taylor + CJM + Simpson all are due to have a total of $12MM in dead cap among the 3 of them, if none are extended. The Rodgers hit is far more significant, but they can get around it without the season being over before it begins.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If they find a new QB on his rookie contract by that time without that QB damning them to a season that earns yet another top 3-16 pick - yes I know this is the Jets we're talking about, but go with me on this - then even that one-time hit won't feel as bad.

Odds are it won't be, but let's say it's this FSU kid Travis, even with a dead $35MM hit from Rodgers it'll still be a dramatically lower total QB position cap hit than at least half the other teams will carry. 

aka the Brock Purdy maneuver - again here's to hoping!

Jordan Travis is easy to root for and will likely become an easy fan favorite 

his arm strength appears to be a shortcoming however, and we've all seen that movie before 

from Pff draft profile under "cons" (and PFF really liked him had his film as 4th graded CFB QB in 2023) 

• Leg kicks out like a pitcher when he's trying to put extra juice on throws.
  • Flicks the wrist sometimes, especially when off-platform, instead of following through.
  • He has to put his whole body into passes that will be regular throws in the NFL.

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

aka the Brock Purdy maneuver - again here's to hoping!

Jordan Travis is easy to root for and will likely become an easy fan favorite 

his arm strength appears to be a shortcoming however, and we've all seen that movie before 

from Pff draft profile under "cons" (and PFF really liked him had his film as 4th graded CFB QB in 2023) 

You know more about him than I do. I was just throwing his name out there because they just drafted him. But whether it's him or someone else they add after this season, that's the idea.

What were PFF's draft profile "cons" for Brock Purdy hot off his 1 TD, 1 INT, 5 y/a loss in the Cheez-It Bowl? And yes, you bet your ass I had to look that up ;)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Some of you guys really need to realize we don’t need to know about every random thought you have.

I’m not referring to you, @JoeNamathsFurCoat but I’ve been saying this for a while now. It might be a good idea to limit the number of threads some posters can start. 

3 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

I might be dead in 2027 .

Can’t start threads if you’re dead

image.gif.3ac4a030972c3dbed5e2c1db8744511b.gif

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You know more about him than I do. I was just throwing his name out there because they just drafted him. But whether it's him or someone else they add after this season, that's the idea.

What were PFF's draft profile "cons" for Brock Purdy hot off his 1 TD, 1 INT, 5 y/a loss in the Cheez-It Bowl? And yes, you bet your ass I had to look that up ;)

Jordan Travis also played in the cheez it bowl 

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Jordan Travis also played in the cheez it bowl 

lmao shows you what I know about college football.

So now that you bring it up, we do have this apples to apples (or Cheez-Its to Cheez-Its) comparison:

Travis:

• 418 yards (11 yds/attempt), 2 TDs, plus another 50 yards rushing (7.1 ypc), and the W

Purdy

• 204 yards (5.8 yds/attempt), 1 TD, 14 rushing yards (2.8 ypc), and the L

Therefore Jordan Travis > Brock Purdy -- actually he's more than twice the QB as Purdy, by those numbers!

All he needs is a little bit of star QB molding out of this raw clay, which is and has ever been the NY Jets' specialty -- they've got this!

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Transactions:  NFL:  March 2027:

New York Jets:  Signed QB Zach Wilson to a three years 45 million dollar contract.

March 2027: Zach Wilson starts his own podcast after retiring from football the previous year.

Mormon Musings with Zach Wilson.

• Upvote 1

the next Jet QB after Rodgers should be the best FA out there. if Rodgers plays 2 more years we should look to trade for Kirk Cousins.

i am done with the rookie 1st RD QB. 

oh look at his arm strength.... he can make throws nobody else can make..... no... BS. i am done with that.

6 teams drafted a 1st rd QB this year. 4 maybe 5 got it wrong and will be losing for the next 3 years. Bears and Pats are doing it again 3 years later. we would be with them too if we didnt trade for Rodgers.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Suck for Sam.

Tank for Trevor.

In 2026, get rolled for Raiola.

Bro here couldn’t look more like Mahomes if they were twins.

Though a box safety at #1 overall might also be tempting in the 2027 draft as well 🤣🤣

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47d7dtmcwq772s133ebee

• Haha 1

Arch appears to be the big prize coming up, which is funny since he hasn't even played yet.  

If we have a chance to draft him, things have gone horribly wrong(or we fleeced someone during the 2025 draft).

16 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Brady was 43 and strictly a drop back qb

He was actually well over 45.  Born in '77.  Threw a career-high 66 passes for 351 yards in his final game against the Cowboys in Jan 2023.

On 5/6/2024 at 3:29 PM, bitonti said:

We'll win a couple meaningless December/January games that year to end up picking 4th-6th in a 3-QB class.  It's what this franchise does best.

Can't wait to see which Right Tackle or EDGE guy we end up with!

• Haha 1

On 5/7/2024 at 4:08 PM, bonkertons said:

Arch appears to be the big prize coming up, which is funny since he hasn't even played yet.  

If we have a chance to draft him, things have gone horribly wrong(or we fleeced someone during the 2025 draft).

If Quinn Ewers is back, he probably isn’t playing this year either.