For the 2007 Season...CLEMENS IS OUR QB

Jet27

I'm not worried about Clemens stats, but if you watched him he looked lost. Not getting the snaps off on time, happy feet and bolting at the first sign of pressure. True he came in at the end of the game, but he didn't look ready to me. Hopefully he'll get over that, but anybody who wants to annoint him starter now is more delusional than ecurb. Open competition is fine, but declaring Clemens starter per-camp is ultra-ridiculous.

Yeah he did 27 - and it wasn't a coin flip that put Ramsey in the back-up role yesterday either. Game experience is a great jump start to the learning curve but we had to go for the marbles once we had a chance at the play-offs and made it. I wish we all could have had a better look at KC last part of the season to get a better feel going into this years draft but he would have had to log some real minutes in to give any good indications. Rock and a hard place because trial by fire can hurt a prospect too.

Yeah he did 27 - and it wasn't a coin flip that put Ramsey in the back-up role yesterday either. Game experience is a great jump start to the learning curve but we had to go for the marbles once we had a chance at the play-offs and made it. I wish we all could have had a better look at KC last part of the season to get a better feel going into this years draft but he would have had to log some real minutes in to give any good indications. Rock and a hard place because trial by fire can hurt a prospect too.

Hopefully this years preseason will allow us to get a better barometer on Clemens because the systems are in place and it should be more tinkering as opposed to wholesale mass change constangly every game. IIRC, they didn't finish installing the offense until the season started.

I would rather trade up for Russell than for Brady Quinn, but I am not sure Vilma + our 1st would do that. Vilma and our first is really stretching it, and I don't know if I'd part with that much. And I don't know if that would be enough to move up. Leaning towards probably not.

If Vilma and our 1st would get that deal done, I'd do it, but I doubt it's going to happen too. I can see the Raiders taking him just to spite us.

Archived