The jets QB position,not a priority

lancemehl

It's very simple.Open competition.If Clemens can impress Mangini,he's in,if not we go with Chad.

No QB FA's. no draft picks.We have too many other needs.

I think D-line is our first priority.No more Willis McGahee making us look stupid.

The running game is next.The right side of our O-line,plus we need a FB and a RB.

Then firgure out what's up with our secondary.A lot of guys showed flashes,but that's it.Poteat,Miller,Barrett,Eric Smith,D.Coleman all made big plays and big mistakes.Let's clean up that mess.

My point is Qb is the least of our concerns this offseason.

**I see Max posted a similar sentiment yesterday.Sorry about the repeat,but it's true....lol***

It's very simple.Open competition.If Clemens can impress Mangini,he's in,if not we go with Chad.

No QB FA's. no draft picks.We have too many other needs.

I think D-line is our first priority.No more Willis McGahee making us look stupid.

The running game is next.The right side of our O-line,plus we need a FB and a RB.

Then firgure out what's up with our secondary.A lot of guys showed flashes,but that's it.Poteat,Miller,Barrett,Eric Smith,D.Coleman all made big plays and big mistakes.Let's clean up that mess.

My point is Qb is the least of our concerns this offseason.

I really think we need a Seymour-like DE and 2 LBers who can stop the run and play the pass-start with Vilma and Thomas and replace the trio of Barton (who's production was way down IMO) and the Chatham/Kassell share job

Eric Coleman's tackling was suspect even though he had over 90 tackles in '06-We DO need a CB to play opposite Dyson,if we can get Clements from Buffalo or Samuel from NE I'd be happy

I really think we need a Seymour-like DE and 2 LBers who can stop the run and play the pass-start with Vilma and Thomas and replace the trio of Barton (who's production was way down IMO) and the Chatham/Kassell share job

Eric Coleman's tackling was suspect even though he had over 90 tackles in '06-We DO need a CB to play opposite Dyson,if we can get Clements from Buffalo or Samuel from NE I'd be happy

I think we need more of a Wilfork than a Seymour.put D-Rob and Ellis on the ends.

The LB's are tough to figure out.We all love Vilma,B.thomas and V.Hobson had breakout seasons.Thomas seems to be our "LT" type,Hobson was everywhere,BUT still the run D sucked!!!Is it as simple as replacing Barton?Will another year in the system do it?

I agree Clements or Samuel next to Dyson would be great,but is that a pipe dream?I don't know.

Eric Smith came on late,he might make some noise in TC for that safety spot.

Defense wins championships.

we were 10-6 with a horrible Defense and no running game.Think about it. lol

I think we need more of a Wilfork than a Seymour.put D-Rob and Ellis on the ends.

The LB's are tough to figure out.We all love Vilma,B.thomas and V.Hobson had breakout seasons.Thomas seems to be our "LT" type,Hobson was everywhere,BUT still the run D sucked!!!Is it as simple as replacing Barton?Will another year in the system do it?

I agree Clements or Samuel next to Dyson would be great,but is that a pipe dream?I don't know.

Eric Smith came on late,he might make some noise in TC for that safety spot.

Defense wins championships.

we were 10-6 with a horrible Defense and no running game.Think about it. lol

I agree with everything you wrote but would add that we were 10 and 6 but only won 1 game against a winning team and that was quickly avenged!

Archived