****The Official Day 3 of the 2024 NFL Draft****

2 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

My Day 3 Jets Mock - based on  the highly unlikely assumption the Jets make all these picks

Round 4
Pick 11 (111) MICHAEL PRATT QB TULANE 
Pick 29 (129) SEDRICK VAN PRAN-GRANGER OL GEORGIA
Pick 34 (134) KITAN OLADAPO S OREGON ST

Round 6
Pick 9 (185) JORDAN MAGEE LB TEMPLE

Round 7
Pick 37 (257) JASE MCCLELLAN RB ALABAMA

Would be shocked if McClellan makes it out of mid 6 th rd. He won’t wow you with RAS type of stuff, but you watch the tape every Saturday night and realized he played another good game. 

• Upvote 1

With 3 picks in the 4th (and the ability to maneuver) this feels like one of the more critical rounds of drafting in recent Jets history.  Lots of opportunity here.  Would hope the Jets can bat .333 and find a longterm starter with at least one pick, and a significant role player with another.  Good teams get economical starters out of these rounds.

• Upvote 2

Just now, jetstream23 said:

With 3 picks in the 4th (and the ability to maneuver) this feels like one of the more critical rounds of drafting in recent Jets history.  Lots of opportunity here.  Would hope the Jets can bat .333 and find a longterm starter with at least one pick, and a significant role player with another.  Good teams get economical starters out of these rounds.

Agreed.  JD hasn't really hit on too many of these types of picks but there's always opportunity in these rounds.  This is where the good GMs find gems.  And don't forget about UDFA.

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Agreed.  JD hasn't really hit on too many of these types of picks but there's always opportunity in these rounds.  This is where the good GMs find gems.  And don't forget about UDFA.

Ironically, he seems to have a better "hit rate" amongst undrafted players, UDFAs, etc.  Bryce Huff, Gipson, etc. versus his 4th and 5th round picks.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

A little background video on Pratt. Some tough episodes in his recent past. 

It was a nicely done story.

If anyone is struggling with these past two days, and/or our decision to not draft a middle-aged back flipping big-Slot.  

Help is available. 
Please call 988 or text 741741

• Haha 2

NFL network keeps showing commercials for “Run Rich Run,” I don’t think it’s a stretch to say some of the folks in the commercial (1) post on JN, and (2) are running 40 yards for their first time in a decade+

Just now, Yucatan Jetfan said:

Any love for Spencer Rattler? Wouldn't mind having him sit behind AR8

Sent from my TFY-LX3 using Tapatalk

Not from me.  QBs need to be leaders.  From all accounts, the guy is a real jerk.

Based on where we all were thursday night at 8pm, the draft for the jets basically has been near perfect.  They got the LT/wr combo they wanted and basically a combo most jet fans wanted.  And we have 3 picks in round 4.  Amazing.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, Augustiniak said:

After what the organization went through with ZW why would they bring in another qb if they thought it could repeat?

I don't think you can call Zach a jerk.  He wasn't a locker room cancer.  He just couldn't play football very well

• Upvote 1

Just now, peekskill68 said:

I don't think you can call Zach a jerk.  He wasn't a locker room cancer.  He just couldn't play football very well

It's amazing how people associate quality of play with quality of person.  There were many of this forum who wanted Tyreek Hill.  

• Upvote 2

I’d rather not see a QB in the fourth round. I’ll be happy for those of you who would, but OG, DT, S/LB, RB, or even another WR would make me happier. Fourth round QB is such a long shot to amount to anything, and I wouldn’t be excited about Hackett trying to develop one. 

• Upvote 2

Good luck to our Jets today.  Plenty of good players still available, plenty of real needs left to fill.

Guys I like in spots we need/could use:

Jaden Hicks, Safety
Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C
Cade Stover, TE 
Jerimiah Trotter Jr., LB
Michael Pratt, QB
Joe Milton III, QB (if we miss on Pratt)

Just now, slats said:

I’d rather not see a QB in the fourth round. I’ll be happy for those of you who would, but OG, DT, S/LB, RB, or even another WR would make me happier. Fourth round QB is such a long shot to amount to anything, and I wouldn’t be excited about Hackett trying to develop one. 

I’m guessing we don’t go qb here, jd can get good defensive depth and maybe a decent guard too.  

My highest rated player who haven't been picked is 1. Tony Franklin WR  2. Mohammad Kamara EDGE   3. Devontez Walker WR 

4.  Jaden Hicks SAFETY    5.  Javon Foster  OT    6.   6.  Jar'Tavious Sanders  TE    7. Javon Baker  WR     8. Jeremiah Trotter  MLB     9. T.J. Tampa CB

10. Brandon Dorlus  - DE       10.  Mekhi Wingo - DT     11. Austin  Booker  - Edge       12. Kris Abrahams Draine   - CB   13. Cedric Walker - MLB