PICK 173: JETS DRAFT RB ISAIAH DAVIS

lol I only really know about this kid because of the JN Mock Draft, but I like him a lot.  Not sure I get the logic of drafting two RBs unless they're down on Izzy.  We won't have much experience in the backfield but we'll have a lot of young, fresh legs.  Bring in a cheap veteran for the practice squad to help them along.  I would have preferred a guard or even a home run swing on Wilson but I'm fine with it.  It's the 5th round, so take the guys you like.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

FINALLY I'M REALLY FIRST. SUCH A MOMENT FOR ME!!

Oh yeah, and the Jets drafted some kid. I don't know who he is or why they need 4 RBs.

My thoughts exactly. I thought there were more pressing need areas. 

This pick is odd. We def needed to add another back, but two? As I said in the other thread, I know we’ll be run heavy this year, but that’s 3 mid round picks on RBs in the last two drafts, not to mention the second rounder spent in the second on breece in 2022. 

1 minute ago, Thai Jet said:

My thoughts exactly. I thought there were more pressing need areas. 

Watch, just because we're diarrhea'ing all over it now, he's going to end up as the RB2 this year and will finish the year with 120 carries at 6.7 yards a clip and a half dozen TDs. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Yeah I'm sure when he looks at McCaffrey, his first thought is, "Wow, it's like looking in a mirror!"

32004441-5641-0574-531b-0bc55bd5bc41

I didn't know anyone after the 15th pick overall as that's all I've been reading about. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Oh yeah, and the Jets drafted some kid. I don't know who he is or why they need 4 RBs.

I guess that JD wanted to screw the Jets for one last draft. Right about now, I am reaching for a brand new bottle of Johnny Walker.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Watch, just because we're diarrhea'ing all over it now, he's going to end up as the RB2 this year and will finish the year with 120 carries at 6.7 yards a clip and a half dozen TDs. 

Man that would be great. I still would love to see Izzy get more carries. Wondering if he's odd man out ? 

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Has a interesting runing style. Ohhhh Yes John Capaletti LA Rams back in the 70's  6'1  215

Isiah Davis  Isaiah Davis  6'1  220 

|| FCS Leading Rusher || 2023 Season Highlights

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

I guess that JD wanted to screw the Jets for one last draft. Right about now, I am reaching for a brand new bottle of Johnny Walker.

Who'd you want at each pick (including bypassing on trade-downs, presumably)?

Personally I like to judge these things in hindsight, this way I'm never wrong.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1