Will Mike Nugent get a standard deal??

Barton

Will the Jets sign Nugent to a lengthy contract like 7 or more years because he is a kicker???

Or will it they sign him to a 4 or 5 year deal like other teams do with their 2nd rd picks?

BTW, I thought last year signing Jonathan Vilma to just a 5 year deal was incredibly stupid! You have to get at least 6 years!

Hopefully he signs Justin Miller to a nice long term deal say 6 years. But I doubt he and his agent would agree with that.

The thing about those deals is they mean nothing. If they turn out to be great, they're going to demand a new contract, then that leads to holdouts and it just gets ugly. Seymour has been hollering for a new contract for a last couple years now and if something doesn't happen soon, I look for it to get bad.

The answer is no.

Even late first round picks are hesitant to sign long contract deals. He will sign a contract that allows him to be a total free agent or one that allows him to be a restricted free agent.

If Nugent is as good as he is projected to be, he will want to be paid more then the going rate for the 47th pick in the draft for seven years.

The answer is no.

Even late first round picks are hesitant to sign long contract deals. He will sign a contract that allows him to be a total free agent or one that allows him to be a restricted free agent.

If Nugent is as good as he is projected to be, he will want to be paid more then the going rate for the 47th pick in the draft for seven years.

In order to be a restricted free agent you need to be picked in the 3rd round or later.

Imo, it will be a 4 or 5 year deal.

Archived