New Article ~ Inflation

Maxman

Me too! That stadium issue still annoys me. He had a great shot at QUEENS and reacted like the spoiled little boy that he is! He took his toys and ran home!

I'm sorry, but this is simply not true. What ever opposition there was to the West Side, there was much the same problems with Queens, and you can add in less potential revenue than he would have had in the West Side. Some flunky Boro President(again, who literally has as much real power as a Dunkin Donuts counter gal) was not the be all, end all. The NJSEA offered him known costs, known problems, a set starting date and no real headaches, as opposed to a whole new set of NIMBY lawsuits and whiny time-consuming nonsense. At what point(and he had already spent close to $ 75 million)would you say any businessman should keep pissing away money on a bad idea, when he had a simple and cost-effective headache-free alternative in NJ?

I'm sorry, but this is simply not true. What ever opposition there was to the West Side, there was much the same problems with Queens, and you can add in less potential revenue than he would have had in the West Side. Some flunky Boro President(again, who literally has as much real power as a Dunkin Donuts counter gal) was not the be all, end all. The NJSEA offered him known costs, known problems, a set starting date and no real headaches, as opposed to a whole new set of NIMBY lawsuits and whiny time-consuming nonsense. At what point(and he had already spent close to $ 75 million)would you say any businessman should keep pissing away money on a bad idea, when he had a simple and cost-effective headache-free alternative in NJ?

Maybe he should pony up his own money and control everything........like Kraft did.

Archived