Well done Tar Heel fans

Gainzo

Taken from the Boston Globe blog before the BC/Texas Tech game.

If Boston College had any advantage playing in this ACC venue, it became readily apparent when the Eagles took the court at Lawrence Joel Memorical Coliseum for their practice session yesterday and were suprised to be greeted by a warm ovation from the North Carolina Tar Heel fans in the stands. ``ACC! ACC! ACC!'' chanted on Tar Heel fan, acknowledging BC's conference ties.

As the team went its paces, with a perfunctory layup line, the Eagles were only to happy to oblige to put on a slam dunk show when one Tar Heel fan bellowed, `C'mon, throw one down.''

John Oates obliged with a double-fisted, rim-bender, which elicited a loud reaction. Tyrese Rice then bounced the ball off the glass, setting up Sean Marshall's towering follow dunk, which elicited an even louder reaction from the Tar Heel fans. After Rice threw one down, freshman Daye Kaba stole the show with a reverse dunk and a spinning 360-degree slam.

When BC's session came to a close, everyone rose to their feet and saluted the Eagles with a loud ovation.

As he walked off the court, Rice took off his white headband and tossed it to Justin Delph, a 22-year-old Tar Heel fan from nearby Mount Airy, N.C., who was decked out in a white Tar Heels jersey.

``They're the first team that put on a show for us,'' Delph said.

``That's good fan relations.''

Asked if the Tar Heels would be rooting for BC here in Winston-Salem, Delph replied, ``Absolutely. They're ACC. They're part of the family. But if it comes between them and Carolina, I'm sorry, I bleed Carolina blue.''

Next year jetheelz the DUKE BLUEDEVILS WILL TAKE OVER

Hey if their SIX McDonalds AllAmericans couldnt beat a team in 1st round whose college name sounds like where Jack Bauer works, how do you expect them to do anything next year?

Look at the bright side...at least now you and afo have more time to figure out things like who took the longest piss ever. :)

dukelost.jpg

Next year jetheelz the DUKE BLUEDEVILS WILL TAKE OVER

next year it will be payback.

I WILL BET YOU 3,000 VBOOKIE POINTS ON THAT

Sorry tim, you must be confused...

this thread is on MENS basketball

haha,

potw nominee

next year it will be payback.

I WILL BET YOU 3,000 VBOOKIE POINTS ON THAT

Will duke be back b/c of the great recruiting class they have coming in? haven't we been told that the last 2 years they;ve had great recruting classes? if they had back to back "great" classes and no early entrants to the NBA why were they so bad this year?

the good news for duke fans is at least duke didn't lose in the Sweet 16 this year like they usually do as a 1 seed.

Archived