Remember All That Crap I Was Talking About The Red Wings 5 Days ago?

The Gun Of Bavaria

I really didn't think much the Rangers signing Shanahan. Seemed at the time it was another reach back to the past to fund an old guy's retirement fund. And having seen his play since he came back from the concussion, it's obvious any team would treasure him in the playoffs. Pretty much between telling everyone in the Rangers lockerroom to keep it simple, period-to-period, and his hardnosed , go-to-the-net play, he has been huge. And I kinda suspect he's exacly the kind of guy the Wings need right now.

I really didn't think much the Rangers signing Shanahan. Seemed at the time it was another reach back to the past to fund an old guy's retirement fund. And having seen his play since he came back from the concussion, it's obvious any team would treasure him in the playoffs. Pretty much between telling everyone in the Rangers lockerroom to keep it simple, period-to-period, and his hardnosed , go-to-the-net play, he has been huge. And I kinda suspect he's exacly the kind of guy the Wings need right now.

You know what though bro, Shanny was just like the rest on the Red Wings come playoff time. His scoring disappeared. It's become a mental thing for the Wings.

In defense of the Red Wings-I am pretty sure calgary had the best home record or close to it in the league this year. Red Wings past history of first round exit as number 1 seed is not on their side though.

Archived