Rangers vs. Sabres

lawngnome o-line

If this series goes less then 6 games it will surprise me. The Rangers are a good team and as long as Henrik keeps playing like he has in the past 2, 3 months, the Rangers will win at least 2 games in this series, they could take it too.

I think it is going to be a fun series. You are going to have the hottest team in the league (Rangers) going against one of, if not the best team in the league (Buffalo).

Don't let the demolition of Atlanta give the Rangers fans a false sense though. Buffalo is a totally different beast. If the Rangers are to win it is probably going to have to be a six or seven games series.

Little history note from NHL.com. When the Rangers have swept a playoff series they have gone onto the Stanley Cup Finals.

1972 they swept the Blackhawks in the Semi's. They would lose the Cup final to the Bruins in 6.

1994 The Rangers swept the Islanders in the first round on their way to the Stanley Cup.

It's going to be fun. Can't wait for tommorow night.

There were actually two other times the Rangers swept a playoff series at least going back to 1960.

1979 Rangers swept the Kings 2-0 and went onto the finals before losing to Montreal.

1983 The Rangers swept Philly 3-0 in the first round. The would lose the conference semi finals to the Islanders in 6.

Game 1: Tomorrow - 4/25 - 7pm

Game 2: Friday - 4/27 - 7pm

Game 3: Sunday - 4/29 - 2pm

Game 4: Tuesday - 5/1 - 7pm

Game 5: Friday - 5/4 - 7pm**

Game 6: Sunday - 5/6 - 2pm**

Game 7: Tuesday - 5/8 - 7pm**

** - If necc.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the Sabres play anything like they did against the Islanders than they will be going home after this series. Two things the Rangers have which the Isles lacked was a premier goal scorer (Jagr) and more overall team speed. Lundqvist is also a hair better than DiPietro at this point. And if Sean Avery has any sort of impact on any of the Sabres stars that he had on Kovalchuk than all bets are really off.

But im expecting the Sabres to elevate their game and that coupled with the Rangers having a week off I think they'll pull this series out. Should be very good though.

Fans on either side should not be overly arrogant about this season. That said, I think Rangers fans are definitely aware of the significant challenge the Sabres present, but the opposite does not seem to be the case. The Rangers are playing great hockey right now and also have a red hot goalie. They should not be taken lightly, but hey if Buffalo fans want to arrogant for no reason then more power to them.

I can't wait to see Sean Avery f*ck with Daniel Briere like he did with Kovalchuk in the last series.

A post about anti arrogance that's laced with arrogance, nice job.

Are the Rangers a good team? Yes, are they better then Buffalo, no

simple facts, that doesn't mean they can't beat Buffalo.

"The Rangers are playing great hockey right now and aslo have a red hot goalie"

The Sabres have been playing solid hockey year long and have a goalie that's doing the same.

And Sean Avery is nothing more then a pest, he can waste his time trying to fill that role all he wants, mean while Briere will be doing his usual goal scoring, if you seriously think Sean Avery is going to throw off Daniel Briere's game, you're in for a HUGE suprise.

Fans on either side should not be overly arrogant about this season. That said, I think Rangers fans are definitely aware of the significant challenge the Sabres present, but the opposite does not seem to be the case. The Rangers are playing great hockey right now and also have a red hot goalie. They should not be taken lightly, but hey if Buffalo fans want to arrogant for no reason then more power to them.

I can't wait to see Sean Avery f*ck with Daniel Briere like he did with Kovalchuk in the last series.

The Rangers will win this series. It's Buffalo the only city that chokes near as much as Philly.

Theres no possible way the Rangers win this series. None. Take it to the bank.

I'll bet anything. The Rangers dont scare me and they shouldnt scare anyone, the Sabres are much better.

Its over baby. Count on it.

A post about anti arrogance that's laced with arrogance, nice job.

Are the Rangers a good team? Yes, are they better then Buffalo, no

simple facts, that doesn't mean they can't beat Buffalo.

"The Rangers are playing great hockey right now and aslo have a red hot goalie"

The Sabres have been playing solid hockey year long and have a goalie that's doing the same.

And Sean Avery is nothing more then a pest, he can waste his time trying to fill that role all he wants, mean while Briere will be doing his usual goal scoring, if you seriously think Sean Avery is going to throw off Daniel Briere's game, you're in for a HUGE suprise.

ROTFLMAO. Not only are you arrogant, you are ignorant.

Sh!tty game for the Rangers tonight, but that's mostly because Versus sucks balls and I couldn't watch the game. I can watch the next game so you better watch out!:box:

Theres no possible way the Rangers win this series. None. Take it to the bank.

I'll bet anything. The Rangers dont scare me and they shouldnt scare anyone, the Sabres are much better.

Its over baby. Count on it.

I'll put 200 vbucks on that.

ROTFLMAO. Not only are you arrogant, you are ignorant.

Sh!tty game for the Rangers tonight, but that's mostly because Versus sucks balls and I couldn't watch the game. I can watch the next game so you better watch out!:box:

I love Avery. Hes my new favorite Ranger. All he does is take stupid penalties, which totally killed the Rangers flow of the game early on. Keep 'em coming Sean, and you guys will be on the golf course in no time!!!

Archived