Dolphins near deal for Green

BP

By Edgar Thompson

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Saturday, April 28, 2007

The Dolphins should complete a trade for Kansas City quarterback Trent Green before the end of this weekend's NFL Draft, a source said Friday.

The negotiations, which began in late February, most likely will conclude Sunday, the source said. The developments signal a change in Kansas City's steadfast demand for a second-round pick in return for the 36-year-old, two-time Pro Bowl quarterback.

The draft's first three rounds will be completed today, with the final four rounds Sunday.

The Chiefs now would settle for the Dolphins fourth-round selection (No. 108 overall) for Green, according to ESPN's John Clayton. Miami has offered Kansas City a late-round pick since Day One for Green, but the Chiefs reportedly have asked for as much as a second- and seventh-round pick.

Once the teams complete the deal, Miami will turn to the issue of quarterback Daunte Culpepper's future with the team.

Culpepper, who stands to make $5.5 million in 2007, continues to rehabilitate a major injury to his right knee he suffered in November 2005. He aggravated the injury last September and had another procedure performed in November to remove a piece of cartilage.

With rumors spreading that he would be traded or even released, Culpepper sent an e-mail to The Post and other media outlets Thursday to express his frustration and belief he will return to full health this off-season.

Green, who turns 37 on July 9, also has a history of injuries. Last season, he missed eight games because of problems caused by a concussion.

link

How many fricking times is this rumor gonna pop up? :cussing:

link

How many fricking times is this rumor gonna pop up? :cussing:

Trent Green does NOT scare me...we all saw what happens to once-good to great quarterbacks after the concussions start...Troy Aikmen,Steve Young...they can not be rated the same as they were pre-head shot

Trent Green does NOT scare me...we all saw what happens to once-good to great quarterbacks after the concussions start...Troy Aikmen,Steve Young...they can not be rated the same as they were pre-head shot

He's still an upgrade over what they have,and I don't like our opponents getting upgraded.

He's still an upgrade over what they have,and I don't like our opponents getting upgraded.

yea but for how long? Every sack will be like how WE felt whenever Chad got hit last summer and fall...you're holding your breath

With the draft here already, if I were Miami I wouldn't do a thing until they see who's there for them in round 1. They'll feel pretty foolish giving up a 2nd rounder for Green & his big contract if Quinn is still sitting there.

they haven't picked a QB in the 1st round since Marino...it's time

Archived