Cubs lose in extras on bases-loaded HBP

JetNation

Nice gift from Lou.

Lefty, Scott Error hadn't worked in a week after stinking the joint out last weekend, so Lou sticks him in late against left handed batting Ethier protecting a one run lead. Error dishes a sweetheart and pow, tie game. See ya' Scott. That game had no business going intio extra innings where the above crap takes place.

The pain.

Nice gift from Lou.

Lefty, Scott Error hadn't worked in a week after stinking the joint out last weekend, so Lou sticks him in late against left handed batting Ethier protecting a one run lead. Error dishes a sweetheart and pow, tie game. See ya' Scott. That game had no business going intio extra innings where the above crap takes place.

The pain.

Michael Wuertz was about to start his second inning of relief for the Cubs when Ethier came up to bat for Andy LaRoche. Piniella countered with lefty Scott Eyre -- who had allowed just one earned run over 13 2/3 innings in his previous 18 career appearances against Los Angeles.

Here's what I'm hoping

I'm hoping that it's the legal imecile who wrote the narritive above that is rationalizing bringing in Eyre because he had good numbers against the Dodgers. Now thats some valuable data. Scott Eyre is a puss armed douche bag who needed to be sitting in the customer seats with Glendon Rusch - who thankfully is out of baseball.

If Pinella pulled Wuertz for Eyre because of his historical and meaningless data against past Dodger line-ups - I'm going to fire up the pick-up truck, get the rope, and start forming the lynching party. Dusty - come back - all is forgiven.

Scott Eyre is a puss armed douche bag who needed to be sitting in the customer seats with Glendon Rusch - who thankfully is out of baseball.

If Pinella pulled Wuertz for Eyre because of his historical and meaningless data against past Dodger line-ups - I'm going to fire up the pick-up truck, get the rope, and start forming the lynching party. Dusty - come back - all is forgiven.

John, I'm hoping that Lou was giving Eyre his last chance. And Eyre failed.

The sad part is (I read) he gets 4 mill this year and has a player's option for 4 mill next year. A player's option? Sounds like a bad deal to me.

A bright spot on the weekend was seeing Zambrano have a good outing.

Did you see him beat out that hit to the infield? Not bad wheels for a stocky dude.

Oh, and when he took out Rich Hill during a ****ing shutout when he had only thrown 66 pitches. That was great.

Yeah man - that was sweet wasn't it. With 2 dead lets pull the guy with 66 piches thrown who scattered 3 hits and send up a .200 pinch hitter. I'm sure he only did it because our pen is gibraltar like in quality.

John, I'm hoping that Lou was giving Eyre his last chance. And Eyre failed.

The sad part is (I read) he gets 4 mill this year and has a player's option for 4 mill next year. A player's option? Sounds like a bad deal to me.

A bright spot on the weekend was seeing Zambrano have a good outing.

Did you see him beat out that hit to the infield? Not bad wheels for a stocky dude.

Yeah buddy - seeing Z throwing well is nice and no doubt he puts 200% into everything he does on the field. Maybe 150% is the winning number.

Eyre reminds me of the astute Dr. Dave Veres - who threw his last pitches in baseball coughing up game 7 of the NLCS in 03. They need to bite the bullet on the idiot signings of Erye and Howrey and go with go with the kids they've been developing. Granted Guzman walked the first 2 guys in the 11th yesterday - but they should have been in their street clothes already.

Archived