Starters - From Tom Rock's Blog

Maxman

It’s very early, but here are the “starters” when the Jets played offense and defense:

QB: Pennington

RB: Jones

FB: Barnes

LT: D’Brick

LG: Adrien Clarke

C: Wade Smith

RG: Moore

RT: Clement

TE: Baker

WR: Coles

WR: Cotchery

DE: von Oelhoffen

NT: Robertson

DE: Ellis

OLB: Thomas

ILB: Barton

ILB: Vilma

OLB: Hobson

CB: Dyson

CB: Barrett

S: Rhodes

S: Coleman

He added that Mangold sat out but he was there.

Mangold was side-lined with a "stiff back"... Rock even joked about the headlines the beat writers could develop when he almost fell off of the stationary bike he was riding.

I actually like the fact that Wade Smith is getting reps with the first team, as is Adrien Clarke in Kendall's absence. I think one of the two might take his place, and their familiarity with first-team will ultimately help the team.

By the time the season starts, Darrelle Revis will have beaten out David Barrett.

But, what troubles me is seeing Adrien Clarke at LG, I believe Wade Smith will be the LG when Mangold is healthy, and what troubles me the most is seeing von Oelhoffen at DE and no Kenyon Coleman? Is he injuried as well? I really hope we didn't give $25 million over $5 years to a back-up for Kimo!:eek:

Coleman has been the only over aggressive FA signee since Tanny and Mangini came on board, lets hope they didn't over-due it, it would be a first for them.

Archived