Dublin, Ireland

AFJF

Anybody been there before? I just booked a flight to spend a few days out there in a couple of weeks and wondered if anybbody could offer some suggestions of "off the beaten path" things to see. I believe they're having a "street performer world championship" that weekend (by street perfromer I don't think they're referrig to the likes of Devine Brown) but I always like to get a little info from people who have already been there. Any info is greatly appreciated.

I wish i could spend more time in dublin, whenever i'm in ireland i'm in either tipp or kerry. sorry i couldn't help.

Thanks man...when I book those trips I'll be sure to check with ya. I see this trip to Ireland as the first of several.

Thanks man...when I book those trips I'll be sure to check with ya. I see this trip to Ireland as the first of several.

if you can, make sure to just look at the scenery, you'll be amazed. good luck on the trip and hopefully it doesn't rain. (i went over the summer for two weeks and it didn't rain at all, which is rfeally weird for ireland.)

if you can, make sure to just look at the scenery, you'll be amazed. good luck on the trip and hopefully it doesn't rain. (i went over the summer for two weeks and it didn't rain at all, which is rfeally weird for ireland.)

I've heard nothing but great things from all of the people who have visited there. I'm sure Dublin will be more of a big city feel with no time really spent out in the country but as I said, I'll be taking a few trips out there and Cork and Kerry are on my list.

Anyone ever been to the Hebrides? I'm seriously thinking about it. Never done Ireland, but I'd like to at some point. Haven't been to Europe or the British Isles since '86. More importantly, I'd love to canvas the continental U.S. (no pun intended). Been to every state on the East Coast, but that's it. Damn it. :bag:

Sounds great.

Few years ago took the boat from Wales to Dun Laoraighe and then the short trip to Dublin.

Wish I had better info than this but......

Great Pubs!!!!!!!

Even though I'm not a big Guinness fan, I couldn't not order it while in Dublin. Tastes better there.

Have fun.

:cheers:

At the risk of sounding biased...Dublin's a filthy s**thole. Full of skangers. Avoid, avoid, avoid. Especially after dark....... :mrgreen:

I've actually heard that tip from some folks at work PDM....no biggie to me though. I went online to look for a flight to anywere in the UK or mainland Europe I haven't been yet and Dublin was one of the better prices so it won out.

Archived