Schotty Jr....Jets are ready to roll!

My buddy's wife is really good friend's with Schotty Jr's wife. They are neighbors out on the Island........

I had dinner with Schottenheimer last Friday night and he was pumped. All he spoke about was getting better and how the staff is very aware of the expectations following a (surprisingly) successful season. That killer schedule is also a consideration... These guys are NOT going to rest on their laurels, and I think that all of this (early) work is happening to weed out the players that are satisfied by last season.

BTW, he made a point of saying that if Chad can stay healthy (big "if"), he'll have a monster season! He reiterated your point on Revis (he's a stud) and Harris could be the most influential player in this year's draft. Oh, and he was talking about how hard Shawn Ellis was working (must be a contract year)... Said something about 10 (bench press) reps with 170lb. dumbbells!

I need to clarify........

It was my buddy and his wife having dinner with Schotty jr and his wife. I copy and pasted his e-mail to me in the post above.

it's still cool, i've never met a pro coach or anything (i sort of live in the sticks for that kind of stuff)...maybe someday.

Archived