Anybody paying attention to the U-20 world cup.

ShadowJet35

America has a pretty decent team on the field, and Adu really has me excited for what he may do for the US in the next 3-4 world cups.

The kid has amazing ball handling and some hops, I haven't seen anyone on Brazil other than maybe Pato that can outrun him up and down the pitch.

I watched the whole game...very strong game by Altidore. The keeper did an OUTSTANDING job. The second goal was all Adu...a great game by him as well. I don't like his whining, but I guess that comes with the territory.

Good game against one of the powers in the world

The Keeper played an Excellent game, that one goal that was scored should go as an own goal (don't know if it did) it clearly came off of one of our players.

Brazil came into this thing as a favorite and are unlikely to even make it out of group play.

I watched the whole game...very strong game by Altidore. The keeper did an OUTSTANDING job. The second goal was all Adu...a great game by him as well. I don't like his whining, but I guess that comes with the territory.

Good game against one of the powers in the world

We tend to do alright in the youth leagues, and even in games against the power countries. when we hit the world cup we tend to take a huge dive unless we are overwhelming under-dogs. which was not the case in 06, and probably won't be the case in 2010.

we have to figure out to come away with a convincing 1-0 or 2-0 winning against the better teams. If we do win by 1, it's usually a dog fight to the end. Hopefully this U20 class can have more composure.

I watched the game, it was a great game. The US keeper was awesome, and Adu was great as usual. Big win for the US, and now are on to the round of 16, Wednesday in Toronto, I'm really considering going, its only a hour and a half drive.

I watched the game, it was a great game. The US keeper was awesome, and Adu was great as usual. Big win for the US, and now are on to the round of 16, Wednesday in Toronto, I'm really considering going, its only a hour and a half drive.

Hell yeah, if I wasn't in Jersey and didn't have some things to do I would go.

Guess we should stick to hockey, eh?

I'd say so!

Haha, no, but in reality, soccer is growing in Canada, its just going to take a lot of time for it to develop there. They're behind us in soccer development, and were still a bit behind, obviously. I wouldnt be too worried, you'll see a slow improvement over the year.

In due time Canada, in due time.

How did/is Adu do/doing?

I heard he played decent...

He played well, he needs to move off the ball more though, that would make him deadlier.

USA wins 2-1!!!! The advance to the quaterfinals!!! A little shoving match after the game, started by the team Uraguay, poor losers. Peaces out Uraguay!

CBC, but its got to be on another channel somewhere, maybe ESPNU I think?

Anyway, poor defending costs USA a goal, 1-1 with about 2mins left in the first half.

Just found it on the Spanish channel. Thanks!

Disgusting job by the refs in this game, yellow cards for everything, result to a US red card on Wallace, which led to a free kick for Austria and they scored on it, 2-1 Austria with the last 15mins of extra time left to play. Not looking good.

Disgusting job by the refs in this game, yellow cards for everything, result to a US red card on Wallace, which led to a free kick for Austria and they scored on it, 2-1 Austria with the last 15mins of extra time left to play. Not looking good.

Not looking good at all. The USA defence has looked shaky all game. They are mishandling the ball and turning it over too much.

Archived