Espn qb

Papageorgio268

Espn's QB rankings: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/news/story?id=2922525&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d2922525%26lpos%3dspotlight%26lid%3dtab1pos1

12. New York Jets

You have to admire Chad Pennington's perseverance. He came back with a throwing shoulder that has been surgically repaired twice and still played all 16 games in 2006. He is a cerebral QB with superior leadership qualities. He has an excellent touch and is a master at reading defenses and making plays in the short passing game. However, his lack of arm strength can tend to hinder his effectiveness. Defenders jump his routes and his accuracy has to be nearly perfect because it takes so long for the ball to get there. Backup Kellen Clemens is the QB of the future. He has better physical skills and arm strength, but he's not quite ready to take over. Ex-Raider Marques Tuiasosopo will fill the No. 3 role and has solid NFL experience. Even if Pennington struggles in 2007, it is unlikely Eric Mangini would make a midseason change.

i'm surprised to see the jets being ranked so high at both qb & as a team. it seems like a fair assessment of chad though.

it's kinda like the nadal - federer match yesterday. nadal had to play near perfectly to come that close to beating federer. unlike brady, chad cannot bring his b game to any stadium and expect to win

I think given the fact that we have a "solid" (I know this could be turned into a joke given Chats fragility but stay with me here) QB right now, as well as a young QB full of potential learning from a smart qb, it makes for a good system. The Jets have options at QB which is more than a lot of other teams can say right now.

Archived