NFL.com- Revis and Jones to sit for Viking game

Kentucky Jet

Revis, Jones likely to sit for Jets' game Friday

Associated Press

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Darrelle Revis is ready for his debut with the New York Jets.

Whether that comes on the field against the Minnesota Vikings on Friday night, or on the sidelines as a cheerleading millionaire, remains to be seen.

The cornerback, drafted No. 14 by the Jets, ended his holdout Wednesday and signed for what reportedly is a six-year, $36 million deal. It might not have been in time for Revis to get on the field at the Meadowlands.

"I don't think anything's out of the question," coach Eric Mangini said. "It's just really seeing where he is." Revis missed 22 practices and the team's preseason-opening win last Friday against Atlanta. The Jets (1-0) expect Revis to compete for a starting job at cornerback once he gets up to speed with the defense. He received his playbook Wednesday night and participated in the team's walkthrough Thursday.

"I'm excited to be in the NFL," Revis said. "It's a dream come true. I've been fighting for this job my whole life. Now it's here and I just have to take steps now, one step at a time, and do what I can."

Revis, Jets get deal done

The New York Jets signed first-round pick Darrelle Revis on Wednesday, ending the touted cornerback's lengthy holdout.

The two sides have agreed to a six-year contract worth $36 million, reports NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

Archived