Trotter released by Iggles

raffyD

I won't argue whether or not its better in the short-term to run the 4-3, but I do think that long-term the 3-4 is the way to go. I believe the 3-4 is a better defense than the 4-3. It is a more confusing scheme for offenses and you can hide things better. The biggest problem with it is that it is very difficult to find good personel that can handle it, especially NT. That's the biggest problem with the Jets defense right now. If you don't have a dominant, or at least effective, NT than the defense is severely handicapped. I believe that once we find a NT that can man the position at a high level, everything else will fall into place.

Exactly. The bottom line is that Mangini loves the 3-4 and he plans to be here longer than Vilma. I don't think he'll change his entire scheme to cater to one player. (good as he might be)

Speaking of NT does anyone know if there are any good prospects entering the draft next year?

Exactly. The bottom line is that Mangini loves the 3-4 and he plans to be here longer than Vilma. I don't think he'll change his entire scheme to cater to one player. (good as he might be)

Speaking of NT does anyone know if there are any good prospects entering the draft next year?

B.J. Raji, Boston College - Textbook size at 6'1 340lbs but I've read mixed reviews about him.

Marcus Harrison, Arkansas - Solid size at 6'3 315. Don't know a whole lot about him.

Antonio Dixon, Miami - Nice size at 6'3 335. He's a junior. Again don't know much about him. (Maybe Jetcane can help with this one)

Frank Okam, Texas - Has good size and is very talanted but everytime I read about him people talk about how he's underachieved and he apperently also doesn't play with good leverage.

Dre Moore, Maryland - Good size at 6'3 315. Maryland plays the 3-4 I think so has experience. Very strong and athletic but I've read he's also underachieved.

Red Bryand, Texas A&M - Great size at around 6'4 330lbs. I think he was team captain last year. Read that he doesn't play with great leverage.

Those are the ones I know of but I don't know a lot about the upcoming NT prospects. Maybe someone else could give a better summary. I'll be paying attention to these guys during the season.

B.J. Raji, Boston College - Textbook size at 6'1 340lbs but I've read mixed reviews about him.

Marcus Harrison, Arkansas - Solid size at 6'3 315. Don't know a whole lot about him.

Antonio Dixon, Miami - Nice size at 6'3 335. He's a junior. Again don't know much about him. (Maybe Jetcane can help with this one)

Frank Okam, Texas - Has good size and is very talanted but everytime I read about him people talk about how he's underachieved and he apperently also doesn't play with good leverage.

Dre Moore, Maryland - Good size at 6'3 315. Maryland plays the 3-4 I think so has experience. Very strong and athletic but I've read he's also underachieved.

Red Bryand, Texas A&M - Great size at around 6'4 330lbs. I think he was team captain last year. Read that he doesn't play with great leverage.

Those are the ones I know of but I don't know a lot about the upcoming NT prospects. Maybe someone else could give a better summary. I'll be paying attention to these guys during the season.

Thanks alot. I don't really follow college ball, but I'm glad to know theres hope.

Archived