More Hermy fun from the Sports Guy!!!

MSGold12

3...2...1....cue NYJUNC or that other genius poster that claimed racism against herm. I guess everyone just doesnt understand Hermy huh??? Enjoy.....

31. Kansas City Chiefs

Can't NFL Films produce 32 versions of "Hard Knocks," so every team gets properly covered? Consider what we learned about the '07 Chiefs. The Brodie Croyle-Damon Huard QB battle was so uninspiring, Herm Edwards was forced to fake a scene in his office where he "agonized" about which guy to choose. (We haven't seen bad acting like that on HBO since ... oh, wait, we see it every week with Kevin Connelly and Adrian Grenier. My bad.) Their receivers were so bad, some random Arena League guy showed up in Episode 2 and nearly made the team. Their rookie kicker looked Kathy Ireland-level shaky in the preseason, although he's definitely the best left-footed African-American kicker in NFL history. Their best defensive player will miss the first two games following a pair of drunk-driving convictions. They put so much mileage on their franchise running back last season that he held out under the logic, "If you're making me become the next Earl Campbell, could you at least pay me up front with a giant signing bonus?" And if that's not enough, poor Herm became a summer TV laughingstock on par with Corey Haim, the Idaho senator, Parisa The Uptight Real World Roommate and Miss South Carolina.

nfl_u_hermedwards_195.jpg John Rieger/US PRESSWIRE

Herm Edwards seems like a great guy, but you don't want him managing the clock for your team.

(Does Herm seem like a fantastic guy? Absolutely. Would I want him coaching my favorite NFL team? Only if I was gunning for the No. 1 overall pick. The good news was that "Hard Knocks" finished on time every week -- it's the first time Herm ever finished a season without screwing up the clock.)

Wow!

Thanks Gold!

HAHA!

The Brodie Croyle-Damon Huard QB battle was so uninspiring, Herm Edwards was forced to fake a scene in his office where he "agonized" about which guy to choose. (We haven't seen bad acting like that on HBO since ... oh, wait, we see it every week with Kevin Connelly and Adrian Grenier. My bad.)

:rl:

They will be lucky to win 3 games this year. Oakland, Denver, and SD all got better (well SD may have gotten worse, but lets not kid ourselves, KC doesn't compare), and they are in the AFC.

I can't think of a single team that the Chiefs SHOULD beat.

well I watched all five episodes and did not see Gunther Cunningham say ONE SINGLE WORD to Herm in any one of them-Krumrie either...I guess that's why Gunther sits up in the booth so as not to have Herm ask him any stupid questions...anybody else notice that?

Archived