No controversey today- Tom Rock

Kentucky Jet

Starting Chad this week, if he does, is Mangini's first "safe" move, and his biggest mistake so far. Chad will not be with the team anyway next year, hand the reins to Kellen.

Havent heard that one before...

How do you know this?

Starting Chad this week, if he does, is Mangini's first "safe" move, and his biggest mistake so far. Chad will not be with the team anyway next year, hand the reins to Kellen.

You must be off your Rocker! Clemens has a good mentor in Chad. Pennington is the guy who brought the team to three playoff appearances, not Clemens. Just because the guy looks like a gamer, doesn't mean he's ready to take the reigns on a full time basis. We have a good Coach in his second year, 2 games in and regardless of the outcome, the team played better against the Ravens than they did against the Patriots. Mangini is making the best decision b playing Pennington, if that is the decision he makes. It's good to know that Clemens got his first pro game jitters behind him. He seems to be a reliable backup. But, Pennington is not only getting paid to be our starting QB, he is smarter than the New Kid On The Block. New Kid On The Block, is Clemens, not me. :cheers:

Havent heard that one before...

How do you know this?

I think, when the Jets decide that Pennington is not the starting QB any longer, they will offer him a coaching job. Somehow though, I don't think he'll take it. I think he will go into the booth for a season or two and then go coach High School Football which is what he wants to do.

If he gets injured again this year, the writing is on the wall. Otherwise, he'll probably lose the QB position in training camp next season. Thing is, us Fans will be speculating again so the reporters on the Jets beat have something to write about. Boring, I know, but it beats writing about Mangini's non-committal attitude. :Nuts::confused:

Archived