NBA MOCK DRAFT

TomShane

While I hate--HATE--the Nets and the Knicks picks, I think this is a great looking mock for the NBA Draft.

http://www.hoopshype.com/draft.htm

The Knicks, at 8, get 6-10 PF Chris Taft from Pittsburgh. This pick sucks because the Knicks a) have 11 PF's on their team and B) Taft is a complete headcase with over-rated talent. He's Chris Wilcox without the vertical leap.

The Nets, at 15, get 6-7 SF Joey Graham fro Ok State. Graham is one of those self-made players who get to the pros and disappear. Add to that that the Nets already have this type of guy (bad shooter, good slasher) already on their roster, and there you go. The Nets need a Bill Laimbeer type to punish people in the paint or a dead-eye shooter. If the draft fell this way, I'd take Martell Webster who is a 6-7 SG out of high school. He can really shoot it well and can run the floor. No C's or PF's worth mentioning at this point in the draft.

ESPN Insider's mock has the Knicks getting:

Channing Frye

ARIZONA | SENIOR | CENTER

HEIGHT: 6-11 | WEIGHT: 245 | AGE: 22

At number 8 and

Andrew Bynum

ST. JOSEPH (METUCHEN, N.J.) | H.S. | POWER FORWARD

HEIGHT: 7-0 | WEIGHT: 300 | AGE: 17

at number 30.

It has the Nets getting

Hakim Warrick

SYRACUSE | SENIOR | POWER FORWARD

HEIGHT: 6-8 | WEIGHT: 218 | AGE: 22

at number 15.

The draft Tom posted had the Stones picking up Jarrett Jack from Georgia Tech, the ESPN one has them getting Ryan Gomes, from Providence. Man... the NBA draft is so boring..

:lol:

I wouldn't mind Warrick at all on the Nets. He's thin as a rail, but he has freakish ability around the basket. There is no player like him in the NBA. The only guy I can think of that even resembled having Warrick's game was Keon Clark, who smoked his way out of the league. However, Warrick can score a little bit with his back to the basket. I'll tell you one thing, if Warrick gets 25 minutes per night for the Nets, he'll get 8 boards, 4 blocks, and 3 alley-oop dunks from Kidd. Sure, he'll also have 5 fouls and will probably give up some bad put-backs because he's so physically weak, but still, he could be a nice player for them.

And Channing Frye sucks ass.

Archived