Pennington will make a great #2!!! (seriously)

PaJetFan

When Pennington has a decent O-line and a very good defense, he plays well: See 2004!! They SHOULD HAVE defeated the Steelers if it weren't for Doug Brien. Pennington actually managed the Steelers game well and beat the Chargers that same year on a pass he threw 55 yards (IN THE AIR) to Santana Moss.

* The main point is that he doesn't throw the ball hard, with any velocity. This offense that coach Schott is running would explode if a guy like Kellen could sling it all over the place like a laser. Can you really imagine Cotch, Coles, McCareins, Smith (stucky next year) Baker and Leon running wild in the open field. It will be like the Rams in 1999!!!!

* I make a very very strong vote for Penny as the change of pace #2 this year and then we TRADE him next year for a pick or a lineman from the Bears or other NFC team who has an O and D line to support his type of talent.

* Uh, by the way, the 64 million dollar contract of Penningtons was re-worked before last year. I do not believe that it still counts aginst the cap as it was originally written.

We will win and win big if we play Kellen. And we will all be smiling and feeling good about being JETS fans again. What happened against Baltimore was not a fluke.

Right. Like they really want to pay $64 million for another Rex Grossman. At least Brian Griese can toss the deep ball now and again, when he doesn't show up to the stadium drunk.

He wouldn't cost them anywhere near $64M:

2008: $4.8M

2009: $5.7M

2010: $2.3M

2011: $7.5M

Total = 4 years/$20.3M. Or 3 years/$12.8M. All with zero signing bonus and no accelerated cap hit if/when they cut him.

For the team acquiring him, Chad's salary would be his full cap hit. WE absorb his signing bonus hit since we paid it.

He wouldn't cost them anywhere near $64M:

2008: $4.8M

2009: $5.7M

2010: $2.3M

2011: $7.5M

Total = 4 years/$20.3M. Or 3 years/$12.8M. All with zero signing bonus and no accelerated cap hit if/when they cut him.

For the team acquiring him, Chad's salary would be his full cap hit. WE absorb his signing bonus hit since we paid it.

I knew the Cap Hit argument was also wrong.

Now for another argument: Chad's age. He's ONLY 31. His arms is what it is. He has AT LEAST 3-4 good years left, if not more.

Can I please get some cred here for the CHad as a #2 PLEEEAAAAASE! I mean...what a great relief pitcher he'd be. Since he can't throw fastballs, his changeups might just work if he ever had to come in as a 'change of pace' and the opposition was used to seeing the rockets that Clemens tosses!

Peace!

Archived