Pennington will make a great #2!!! (seriously)

PaJetFan

We all know that the the final play of the Jets' day was a weak sideline pass that was intercepted. He said he 'intended' to throw the ball out of bounds and it, 'came out wierd.' Either way, Chad is now condemned. If he is telling the truth, then he is not even a 'good' quarterback, because throwing it out of bounds is a routine thing for any decent quarterback. On the other hand, if he is altering the truth (LYING) to save his reputation as being further damaged as a weak thrower...he is an even bigger turd. I have ALWAYS supported Pennington - but not now. We MUST play clemens immediately. He is ready to win NOW and the recievers need time to adjust to a hard throwing quarterback. The receivers need to catch his passes every day in practice. And Kellen needs to inspire all those around him to elevate their games to HIS level!!!! Please - play Kellen NOW!!!!

Pennington will be a great backup Quarterback!!! Think about it! He's a great #2!!!

let me say:

I LOVE CHAD PENNINGTON. Not 'loved'. I love the guy as a person and a player. I truly believe the man is a winner and a great leader. But he closed the case that he is NOT possibly able to WIN consistently in todays NFL.

It would a great change of pace this year if Penny played #2 behind clemens. Pennington can be a great 'relief' pitcher for Kellen and maybe show a little spark...enough to get some good trade value in the offseason. Yes, the Bears may be the right fit. But a mid-season trade is just not realistic. I vote Penny for our back-up now. He'll be a good soldier, won't cause trouble and will genuinely help Kellen.

Penny will not be a backup for any more then the remainder of the season.

He will go to another team, win the starting job and produce.

i would love to see chad excel in the nfc he deserves that, the jets and chad arent the right fit with the weapons we have on offense

Chad won't want to be a backup and he's getting paid way too much money to be one.

First of all, who gives a damn if Pennington won't WANT to be a backup? It's not his call.

Second of all, Mangini wasn't the one who authorized Pennington to get a big contract. The money he's making will have zero influence on Mangini's decision.

First of all, who gives a damn if Pennington won't WANT to be a backup? It's not his call.

Second of all, Mangini wasn't the one who authorized Pennington to get a big contract. The money he's making will have zero influence on Mangini's decision.

My point is his not wanting to be a back up will lead to bitching and an eventual trade. Also it doesn't matter if Mangini didn't make the contract its absurd to keep a player making that much money as a back up.

Yeah and Mangini hasn't decided to bench anyone yet so this is an invalid discussion at the present time.

Your argument makes zero sense. It's a more than valid discussion at the present time. When a player isn't performing up to the standard the coaches expect, it's usually time for a change. Especially when Option B is looking like a hell of a good option.

Chad won't want to be a backup and he's getting paid way too much money to be one. He would do great on a team like the Bears where we should try and trade him.

I dont think he will do particularly well on the Bears but they are beyond desperate so I think they might be willing to give it a try.

You guys are dreaming.

What team on God's green earth would trade for Chad Pennington right now? The rest of the league hears the name "Chad Pennington" and thinks of the following:

1) Can't stay healthy (only one 16-game season in his 6-year career)

2) $64 million contract with $18 million signing bonus

3) Can't throw the deep ball (only 4 completions over 20 yards all year)

4) Aging (31 yrs old)

5) Chokes when called upon to: a) beat a top 10 defense; B) lead a comeback win; c) win a game when the defense does not perform adequately

We're stuck with Pennington. The only option now is to put him on the bench and cut him when the time is right.

You guys are dreaming.

What team on God's green earth would trade for Chad Pennington right now? The rest of the league hears the name "Chad Pennington" and thinks of the following:

4) Aging (31 yrs old)

5) Chokes when called upon to: a) beat a top 10 defense; B) lead a comeback win; c) win a game when the defense does not perform adequately

We're stuck with Pennington. The only option now is to put him on the bench and cut him when the time is right.

As brutal as this sounds lol it is the truth and the answer. Out of all the Chad posts today this one sums it all up.

You guys are dreaming.

4) Aging (31 yrs old)

Dont you think the Bears are desperate enough to take a chance on him? I have read many posts here saying that Chad would win a SB on the Bears. Maybe someone in Chicago thinks the same thing?

Dont you think the Bears are desperate enough to take a chance on him? I have read many posts here saying that Chad would win a SB on the Bears. Maybe someone in Chicago thinks the same thing?

Right. Like they really want to pay $64 million for another Rex Grossman. At least Brian Griese can toss the deep ball now and again, when he doesn't show up to the stadium drunk.

Right. Like they really want to pay $64 million for another Rex Grossman. At least Brian Griese can toss the deep ball now and again, when he doesn't show up to the stadium drunk.

If he sux then they can cut him and take a one time cap hit. A small price to pay if he delivers them to the playoffs. And their options are beyond limited at this point.

:)

If he sux then they can cut him and take a one time cap hit. A small price to pay if he delivers them to the playoffs. And their options are beyond limited at this point.

:)

It wouldn't be a "one-time cap hit". It would be cap suicide that would affect them for the length of Pennington's 7-year deal.

Thats the most ridiculous comment i may have ever read!!!

Chad and Rex are totally opposite.

Archived