the yankees probably can trade Sheff for Baldelli

Blackout

Baldelli isn't that great anyway. The only place where Baldelli is an all-star is the Land Inside EricBarton's Head.

yeah, and Barton also wanted another player with baldelli in the trade but i cant remember who

If you want a Devil Ray's outfielder, Carl Crawford should be the one you pine for. He's the fastest player in baseball and he is better than Baldelli average-wise. Baldelli has more power, but that's the only area in which he surpasses Crawford.

yeah, and Barton also wanted another player with baldelli in the trade but i cant remember who

Let me clarify. I didn't want another player, but I'd be willing to take scott kazmir off their hands, or jorge cantu. :lol:

And I wouldn't trade Sheffield for Baldelli straight up. I would do that if the Yankees were serious about trading him to chicago for a corey patterson, dubois and mitre. Patterson SUCKS. Dubois SUCKs. Mitre isn't worthy but he's show flashes I suppose.

Rocco Baldelli and Carl Crawford are nearly identical players except Baldelli bats right and Crawford bats left. Crawford might be the fastest lefty in MLB aside from Ichiro, and I cannot think of a right handed hitter whos faster than Rocco Baldelli.

Baldelli hits for a higher average. I remember in 2003 he was hitting .330 for the 1st half of the season but he wore off down the stretch and ended up hitting around .290 or so I believe.

BUT, Crawford strikes out less than Baldelli. But Baldelli is really improving in that department, he's got great plate coverage but he tends to chase pitches out of the strikezone.

I'd love to have either 1 on the Yankees in center field or in left. Both are nearly identical hitters, especially considering their numbers are very close, but I think Baldelli has potential to be a .325 hitter, who can get over 200 hits a season with a very good OBP and steals bases. Crawford steals more bases and strikes out less and has a similar yet lower OBP. Both are going to be great if they stay healthy. Baldelli also has way more potential in the home run department.

I remember watching Rocco 3-4 years ago here in New Jersey when he was in the Class A Summer League for the Hudson Valley Renegades (Devil Rays) and he was so hyped back then and he had a decent rookie campagin but he hasn't done sh*t since.

And I wouldn't trade Sheffield for Baldelli straight up. I would do that if the Yankees were serious about trading him to chicago for a corey patterson, dubois and mitre. Patterson SUCKS. Dubois SUCKs. Mitre isn't worthy but he's show flashes I suppose.

Don't worry. The Yanks have as much chance as pulling off a 90 game winning streak to end the season as they have of trading a 36-year old struggling slugger for Sergio Mitre.

And Dubois doesn't suck. He is an Eric Byrnes-type player with less speed. All he does is hustle. In other words, he's exactly the type of player that could help the Yankees.

Archived