Andy Reid on Kellen Clemens

MTJ06

-- Pennington's Days Numbered? --

Thu Oct 11, 2007

NFL.com's Adam Schefter reports New York Jets HC Eric Mangini continues to back QB Chad Pennington as the team's starter, but No. 2 QB Kellen Clemens keeps being brought up as a potential replacement. At a Wednesday press conference in preparation for Sunday's game between the Jets and Eagles, Philadelphia HC Andy Reid was asked whether he looks at Clemens more now given that Pennington might be on the bubble. "Yeah, you have to look at that," Reid acknowledged. "You have to look at him. He's a good football player, too. He was a heck of a college player, we really liked him. [We] saw him a little bit in the preseason. He's a good player."

andy reid had made insulting comments in the past towards players not even on his team and i find it tasteless, especially because of the fact that hes a coach and he should have more class

Do you have links or any proof?

andy reid had made insulting comments in the past towards players not even on his team and i find it tasteless, especially because of the fact that hes a coach and he should have more class

So because of that you will completely ignore his praise towards one of our players? Does this have anything to do with your love of Chad?

Since 99.9% of all NFL coaches blindly praise opponents without any basis in reality, if Andy Reid has ever tastelessly insulted an opponent I would give more weight to his comments about Clemens. Personally, I think it's more blind, baseless praise.

Since 99.9% of all NFL coaches blindly praise opponents without any basis in reality, if Andy Reid has ever tastelessly insulted an opponent I would give more weight to his comments about Clemens. Personally, I think it's more blind, baseless praise.

I doubt that Reid has seen any film on Clemens since the draft, if even then. Nothing worse for a coach to say something that will appear on the opponents bulliten board.

I doubt that Reid has seen any film on Clemens since the draft, if even then. Nothing worse for a coach to say something that will appear on the opponents bulliten board.

They played in preseason and are playing this week. Andy Reid not watching the Ravens game in full and breaking it down it constitutes professional negligence in my opinion.

Archived