Happy Father's Day

gg

Great farging post, Smizzy. You actually brought tears to my eyes, no Sh#t.

I hear ya. I was anti-kid til the day my wife told me she was pregnant. I literally considered never having one. Now, 8 1/2 months later, I'd shoot anyone who got in the way of my daughter and I. I love her to death.

Great stories Smizzy and Guns and for the other fathers in this thread- I have the upmost respect for all the fathers that would do anything for their families.

My only wish personally I wish I had done more for my father and helped him out supporting the family while he was still alive. For that I am truly sorry.

Happy Fathers day and thank god for this day.

Thank god for my son ,I have 2 but my son dylan changed my life. I was a misserible SOB who hated everyone and everything. I wasn't a good member of the comminuty to say the least. My boy changed me and my life. I own the world to him,,,without him there wouldn't be no me. Id be dead or in jail and wouldn't have any clue what an amazing life we have made for ourselves.

When my son Dylan was born i cried for 3 hours. It was like the sun was shinning on me for the first time in my life and it's that feeling keeps me going.

This fathers day....Im happy as Sh#t that i have 2 great boys and a family of my own. Never had one of my own growing up and it's all i ever wanted.

Heather,Dylan and Jaden have made this life worth living for me and i can't ask for anything more.

I love anybody who takes cares of their kids and their family! It's the little things that mean so much...Im wasted...i should shut up niow..

but ill just finish by saying...Happy Fathers day to all my Fathers out there...take a second tomorrow to sit back and enjoy the moment.

stay off the SIMILAC Smizz :wink:

Hope everyone had a good Father's Day. My family bought their old man a lot of Dolphins stuff, so, I'm a pretty happy guy. We also went out to eat at my favorite restaurant and took in the new Batman flick. Good movie although it was pretty dark and the action shots were taken too close to enjoy them. I guess they were trying to get you inside of the movie, but it only made me dizzy.

Sometimes it does take a few cracks of the belt before the little ones acknowledge their daddy. I dont like fussin with the belt much on fathers day - but sometimes ya just need to hear it. Tell yer daddy that ya love him.. go ahead now .. dont be shy.. Cmon lets say it together. " I love you daddy patsfantx I loveded you".

First....RIP to my own dad, you were and still are the best to me. I owe you the world. Love you!!

Secondly...I hope all of the guys here had the best Father's Day ever. Your posts were all so touching. You guys are great and deserved the best day ever. Hope it was that for you.

Third...To LL...my prayers go out for you. I know what your feeling right now. Both my parents had Cancer and I went through it all with them. Chemo, radiation, you name it. Just be supportive and show your Mom that she's loved and let God do the rest. Keep the faith and strength for your Mom. God Bless you and you'll be in my thoughts. I hope you got to enjoy your father's day nonetheless.

First....RIP to my own dad, you were and still are the best to me. I owe you the world. Love you!!

Secondly...I hope all of the guys here had the best Father's Day ever. Your posts were all so touching. You guys are great and deserved the best day ever. Hope it was that for you.

Third...To LL...my prayers go out for you. I know what your feeling right now. Both my parents had Cancer and I went through it all with them. Chemo, radiation, you name it. Just be supportive and show your Mom that she's loved and let God do the rest. Keep the faith and strength for your Mom. God Bless you and you'll be in my thoughts. I hope you got to enjoy your father's day nonetheless.

Thanks to all for your good wishes. Its been hard...I have been at my mom's hospital bedside since wednesday. I had to come to work today and not being by her side is killing me. I know the things people say when you get bad news from a doc "They are wrong all the time"..."Maybe your mom will be different"..."Those life expectancy estimates are wrong". The thing is...my mom is the best mother a son can hope to have. She has always been there for me..she would stay up at night with me to finish my homework, she knew not to make food with onions because i hate them, she always stood by me as I finished school, she would console me after a breakup with a girlfriend. Mom...she is my angel. Now my bro and I are scrambling to make sure she gets the appropriate treatment and that she is comfortable asap! I have my own family but my mother is my true treasure. I am lucky that I am her son.

As far as fatherhood, i thank god that I have my kids. They are special to me and without them, life would not be as grand. There is nothing like hearing from your three old daughter " I love you daddy..." That is priceless. To be honest, I dont need a gift for father's day because I have already recieved them!

To my fellow JN fathers, enjoy your day, hug your parents, wives and kids. Remember and savor the times together...live each day as if it was your last. Because you never know when you get that phone call that just f's up that pretty picture..

Thanks to all.

LL

Thank you! I spent my Father's Day with my fly rod on the Magallaway River in Rangeley, ME.

I'd show y'all a pic of a beautiful brown trout if I could figure out how to post the freaking things.

Archived