Where are the athletes?

4HCrew

I deny spectacular. Vehemently. I do not deny "extremely effective". The only "spectacular" players since Gastineau/Klecko that we've had on D have been Hugh Douglas, Abraham (no, not Donnie) and maybe Glenn. Each was dumped in the purge during regime change for "not fitting the scheme". I'd put up with a level of crap and change schemes for spectacular, but not for decent or "extremely effective".

Whatever adjective you use, nobody was complaining about Vilma after his rookie year. The guy had 18 tackles in the pittsburgh playoff game, and not worthless tackles 10 yards downfield, he was all over the place that game.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whatever adjective you use, nobody was complaining about Vilma after his rookie year. The guy had 18 tackles in the pittsburgh playoff game, and not worthless tackles 10 yards downfield, he was all over the place that game.

I don't deny he was good, but I don't feel like Vilma or Ellis are the type of guys you design your defense around. The real problem is that we don't have anybody to build a defense (or offense for that matter) around.

Archived